DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Iceland driving the ring road

foxagntmulder

Reactions
Hello from Iceland!!! What an amazing country!!! We've been here for 7 days and the family are having an epic Iceland trip. Its our first here and we are so amaze with the landscape of the country. There are several waterfalls and parks that you can't fly your drone but you can fly anywhere where there's not a lot people. Mostly touristy places drone are prohibited unless you have a permit. Its too bad we're not driving 4x4 that we can't go to other amazing location. We're driving counter clockwise and our next stop is Snaefellsnes area. I did my first drone footage outside the no fly zone. I want to share and just don't know how.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Foxagntmulder, glad you’re having a nice time in Iceland ?

How to add photos/videos on your post

When you start a new post,
bottom left you get the “attach files” button. Press that.
D3F0B5FF-F7C9-4586-AE39-D21B320CA34C.jpeg

Then you’ll see this
24F62981-9371-4789-8047-71F020E5E53B.png

Scroll to the photo you want to share, then you’ll see this page. You can upload a thumbnail or full image
6D1FCF50-D510-411B-8C74-B7D7C17543BF.png

Then just press “post reply”
It would be so much easier if you were using an iPad/tablet while searching for your photos.

With videos you can only do this via YT/Vimeo. Copy the link and paste it on your post.

looking forward to seeing some of Iceland ??

Reactions: Air_Joe
Welcome to the forum from the Arizona desert! Enjoy.

Most folks upload to YouTube. Then they post the link it provides. That gets the appearance you usually see if the video.

See the how-to from @Porky above

Hello from Iceland!!! What an amazing country!!! We've been here for 7 days and the family are having an epic Iceland trip. Its our first here and we are so amaze with the landscape of the country. There are several waterfalls and parks that you can't fly your drone but you can fly anywhere where there's not a lot people. Mostly touristy places drone are prohibited unless you have a permit. Its too bad we're not driving 4x4 that we can't go to other amazing location. We're driving counter clockwise and our next stop is Snaefellsnes area. I did my first drone footage outside the no fly zone. I want to share and just don't know how.
Iceland driving Ring Road to Black Sand Beach

Welcome to the forum from the Arizona desert! Enjoy.

Most folks upload to YouTube. Then they post the link it provides. That gets the appearance you usually see if the video.

See the how-to from @Porky above

Thanks Porky and Thomas B. I just did it!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks. I cut off the part where the video stutter for a quick second. It looks like the gimbal moved up and down for a quick half second. I’m trying to search the forum for other drone pilots who has the same problem with their footage. Its very annoying. Have anyone experienced the same thing?

Last edited:
Also to post "inline" within your post like I did above . Do this. Click on the three dots and downward arrow. Then click Media. Then paste the entire URL (the address of the Vimeo or Youtube Video) . Then Post that. It will show inline and not as a link.

Reactions: foxagntmulder
Welcome.
I was in Iceland in Feb. It's a very nice country. I took a 6-day tour that took me around Iceland. I thought I might have trouble flying my drone, if I was taken to the main touristy spots that prohibits drones and lots of people. There were a few of those. But for the most part, there wasn't a lot of people and the tour guide was really accommodating. I shared photos and video with the tour group, so they were happy that they got a different perspective. At night, I took my MP up and manged to get plenty of shots of the northern lights.
One thing I forgot to do, "light painting" with the northern lights in the background. You should try that.

Here's some pics of the northern lights I took.
Iceland Pics
I won't leave it up for too long.
There are 2 pics that are similar, one has a greenish hue and another bluish. Anyone knows why?

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake