DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Jakarta, Indonesia, with Mavic Air 2 - Aircraft Processor Overheat - RTH - error

tomtops

Reactions
Hello, im Tom, I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. Just had Mavic Air 2 for 1 month now, I hope I can be of useful to the forum and learn from fellow mavic pilots
Just recently 2 weeks ago I took continuous hyperlapse- HDR Video, and Panoramic photos while flew about 60 meters above, and suddenly the screen pops out Aircraft Chip Processor Overheat. I landed the drone and checked that theres no sound from the cooling fan. Definitely heat build up so I claimed guarantee from the local store which they had to sent to local authorized DJI distributor (TAM),6 days later they replace the unit with a new one. A week later, today, I did the same thing, flew 44 m altitude and took hyper lapse, HDR photos and videos, lots of panoramic shots, plus POI circling photos, then move near to an object which I wanted to photo, but suddenly the same error comes out again on DJI FLY Apps; Aircraft Processor Overheat (last time was Aircraft Processor Chip Overheat). and it was forced to RTH, tried to cancel, but the RTH Cancel button was inactive, so I let it came back to its RTH Point, until it was above me, and successfully reconnect and landed manually. Turned it off and let it cool for 30 mins, turn on again, tested 3 meter hover with 4 meter distance, the same error came out. I couldnt believe it happened again . I can hear the cooling fan, but I dont dare to fly again, since the error could happen again..

Attachments

• Overheat Chip.jpeg
    Overheat Chip.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Overheat Processor 1.jpg
    Overheat Processor 1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 17
Hey Tom - firstly, welcome to the forum! Good to have you here.

This is interesting - I'll test this when my Air 2 arrives on Monday, however, the weather here in the UK is nothing like Indonesia (18 degrees vs 34 degrees) so I'm not expecting this to occur here, unless the overheat is genuinely happening within the drone circuit itself as opposed to a build up of drone heat + air temperature / sunlight.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey Tom - firstly, welcome to the forum! Good to have you here.

This is interesting - I'll test this when my Air 2 arrives on Monday, however, the weather here in the UK is nothing like Indonesia (18 degrees vs 34 degrees) so I'm not expecting this to occur here, unless the overheat is genuinely happening within the drone circuit itself as opposed to a build up of drone heat + air temperature / sunlight.
I would expect the drone could stand heat up to 40C , as the specs says. Mavic Air 2- Specifications - DJI. No way these error will always occur in tropical atmosphere or high temp up on the air for that matter (hovering- doing 5 to 20 mins hyp lapse) unless the drone is moving, perhaps wind helps reduce the heat inside. DJI should have managed this by the cooling fan inside the circuits. I noticed theres a lot of discussions on Aircraft Processing Overheat error on the 1st Mavic Air. Could there be a flaw on the design ? Be carefull on flying / hovering on high temperature up there

Found this discussion on dji forum, it might be interesting to know and aware be aware. DJI should take attention

Welcome to the forum Tom, from Chicago the Windy city. Sorry to hear about your over heating Issue. I own 2 MP, been flying for 3 years now, have not had any issues with flying in the heat here in Chicago. It does get hot here in the summer months, 90 degree and above. In hot weather like that, I always take the drones temp with my laser gun. Even when its not hot, check the heat sink
to give me indication of problems. In hot weather, over 90 degrees I don't hoover in place for very long. Hope you resolve your problem, interesting to find out if its a design flaw.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Reactions: Xanadu and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum from the woods of Maine! I think this is the first time hearing about this issue on the forum. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR