DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Johns Creek GA

Reactions
Greetings from South!
I've been lurking on the forum for a while and figure it was time ...
Just got my new Mavic (MPP) and am looking forward to participating in the forums.

Have read the Manual (once so far) and I've been focusing on learning to pilot the drone, in a wide open location (high school football field) with no people or objects to run into. Have tried out Auto Takeoff, Auto Landing, Manual Takeoff / Landings, and have explored RTH and the Pause button.

Also linked into Airdata. So far, biggest challenge has been how to properly calibrate the compass but I'm sure there is a Youtube video for that. Would appreciate any recommendations on "favorite" beginner videos, tips/tricks, etc. For Apps, I like UAV Forecast, Windy, B4UFly, AirMap and of course MavicPilots! Still figuring out which DJI apps are useful besides DJI GO 4.

Have not messed with the cameras yet. Figured I better learn to fly a bit first! That's next and any favorite links or websites there would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Keith

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: BlueSkies!NoLimits
Greetings from South!
I've been lurking on the forum for a while and figure it was time ...
Just got my new Mavic (MPP) and am looking forward to participating in the forums.

Have read the Manual (once so far) and I've been focusing on learning to pilot the drone, in a wide open location (high school football field) with no people or objects to run into. Have tried out Auto Takeoff, Auto Landing, Manual Takeoff / Landings, and have explored RTH and the Pause button.

Also linked into Airdata. So far, biggest challenge has been how to properly calibrate the compass but I'm sure there is a Youtube video for that. Would appreciate any recommendations on "favorite" beginner videos, tips/tricks, etc. For Apps, I like UAV Forecast, Windy, B4UFly, AirMap and of course MavicPilots! Still figuring out which DJI apps are useful besides DJI GO 4.

Have not messed with the cameras yet. Figured I better learn to fly a bit first! That's next and any favorite links or websites there would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Keith
Howdy from Wyoming @BlueSkies!NoLimits , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the links and have watched all of them and found a few other good ones on the forum and DJI page. :)

Flew twice over the weekend and I'm starting to get the hang of navigating with the map, and setting waypoints and learning the different available flight modes.

Only question / issue, is with regards to the 'red triangle' on the map. It was slightly off (say 20 to 25 degrees) from the direction of the drone when I took off. Drone pointed 90 degrees straight ahead, while the red triangle was pointing approx 75 degrees (slightly off) ...

Does this mean that i need to calibrate the compasses/IMU? Or simply power up the drone pointing 'North'. I checked the IMU and Compass calibration in the Advanced Sensors page, and they looked perfect (drone was happy/ did not want me to recalibrate so I didn't). Any suggestions? Thx.

Only question / issue, is with regards to the 'red triangle' on the map.
Assuming you really mean the map (and not the attitude indicator), that most likely means your Mavic was sitting near a magnetic metal object or your mobile device's compass needs to be calibrated. See if you're able to reproduce that issue before attempting any calibrations.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada