DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Kalamazoo!

Duck_Puppet

Reactions
Site
www.barosight.com
Just recently became an owner of the Mavic Air 2S and wanted to reach out and see who I can contact to fly and meet up with. I was flying fpv drones for a while and was really enjoying that and then realized I could be doing this for work and decided to get my 107 certificate and a better drone than what I was using to start doing work. Theres a bit of a learning curve but not impossible and I'm enjoying the process. A few months ago I tried to get my private pilot's license and was turned down for medical reasons so flying a drone seemed like the next best thing and it's been helping soften the blow. I've been trying to find a good place to fly and not aggravate anybody, trying to fill out forms for use on state park lands as well as trying to find places I can go without getting in trouble. I look forward to meeting other pilots and learning more about this amazing hobby. Thanks for reading!

You will be glad you fly in Michigan. The State Parks are not No Drone Zones. This link will give you a better sense of what flying in Michigan is like. Where Can I Fly My Drone In Michigan 2020: Top Full Guide - LucidCam

Welcome to MavicPilots and congratulations on getting your 107 certification.
Heya thanks! And thanks for the info, I've received permission from Ft Custer to fly in a few spots but I definitely know state park rules and that I need permission for basically anything involving drones there. Been on the phone for most of this morning trying to get in contact with the powers that be in order to fly legally and get some nice shots for my portfolio, I've learned a lot about Michigan legislature in the last 24 hours for sure

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Heya thanks! And thanks for the info, I've received permission from Ft Custer to fly in a few spots but I definitely know state park rules and that I need permission for basically anything involving drones there. Been on the phone for most of this morning trying to get in contact with the powers that be in order to fly legally and get some nice shots for my portfolio, I've learned a lot about Michigan legislature in the last 24 hours for sure
Here is another link Drone Laws in Michigan 2022: Rules and Regulations You Need to Know | Cult of Drone and basically common sense prevails as long as you are not doing a commercial flight. For those you need permission. Doesn’t make sense, but it is what it is. Not really sure why that is when the laws themselves do not make a distinction.

Welcome to the forum! :)

WELCOME to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User