DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Lithuania

darvirz

Reactions
I'm delighted to introduce myself to this forum. I live in Lithuania, which is at the eastern Baltic Sea coast, so my first drone video comes from the seashore (any comments are more than welcome):

I'm completely new to the drones world, therefore I'm currently at the phase of absorption of any knowledge and skill related to my new Mavic Air 2. Recently did the drone pilot exam with the local authorities and hope to spend increasingly more time with it.
I appreciate this community for being so informative on any aspect of DJI drones and I promise not to be very intrusive :).
So, cheers to everyone!

Darius

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Nice vid.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland darvirz.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Wow Lithuania! My grandparents emigrated to Quincy, Ma. (USA) from Lithuania (Grandma (Ivanauskas) from Lamkeliskin in 1908 and Grandpa (Matiosaitis or Matyosaitis) in 1910). Looks beautiful there. It's funny how the family name was contorted after arriving in the states. It was changed to Mathews (my dad), Matthews (my uncle) and Mathieus (my aunt). All related yet all with different spelling of the last name.

Last edited:
Wow Lithuania! My grandparents emigrated to Quincy, Ma. (USA) from Lithuania (Grandma (Ivanauskas) from Lamkeliskin in 1908 and Grandpa (Matiosaitis or Matyosaitis) in 1910). Looks beautiful there. It's funny how the family name was contorted after arriving in the states. It was changed to Mathews (my dad), Matthews (my uncle) and Mathieus (my aunt). All related yet all with different spelling of the last name.

Hi there! It is always interesting to meet descendants from Lithuania. They are quite numerous, because of multiple "waves" of emigration; the last happened just a few years ago. Seems that your grandparents were with the first "wave". Matijošaitis is still a well-known family name here, for example, presently Mayor of Kaunas city is Visvaldas Matijošaitis. Would be not surprised if someday you discover kinship to your family still here :)

Wife is a professor who recently became actively involved in genealogy. She was able to trace my moms side back to England and Scotland to the early 1000. However it seems record keeping in Europe, especially Russia, has been much more difficult to trace. We have talked about visiting at some point....if this **** virus ever goes away.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka