DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from London, UK

TimurA

Reactions
Hello,

I am a complete drone noob and have just purchased the Air 2 as my birthday present :) I am watching all the tutorials I can find on YouTube on all the tips and tricks, but due to the lockdown I haven't had a chance to actually fly it.

Any first time flyer advise would be greatly appreciated! I have already downloaded and checked out the AirMap app as well as got my pilot and operators IDs...

Looking forward to getting hooked on drones!

Cheers

Hello from Yorkshire, and welcome to the forum. That’s a fancy birthday present, and a great drone.
You’re already doing the right thing in watching as much useful info on YouTube as possible. I would also recommend reading the manual as much as possible, especially how return to home works, and the sensors.

Useful apps; NATS Drone assist is great for checking where you can fly. It’s the official CAA App (NATS supply airspace control and data to the CAA). UAV Forecast is good for checking flying conditions.

You probably won’t anyway - but best not to fly indooors until you get the hang of things.

Enjoy! :)

tips :

1. make sure you know how rth works and test it before you need it - personally id only use it as a last resort - ie I have no idea where it is
2. Use the mini map to work out where it is when you fly it beyond VLOS - although clearly you wont do that as its illegal
3. Not sure what direction you are facing ? going up or down ? take your fingers off the sticks and take a deep breath and slooowwwwly move the sticks to re-orient yourself
4. Fly out against the wind and fly back with the wind
5. Assume you have less battery left than its showing you
6. dont fly withut a fully charged battery
7. Stay away from people etc

There are loads more .... enjoy and wlecome ..its a great machine ..

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

@TimurA welcome to the forum
when you begin to learn to fly ,its better to find a nice quiet open space away from others ,and start by flying squares ,go to about eye level ,fly forwards 10ft camera facing away from you ,stop fly to your left about 10ft stop then back 10ft stop then right 10ft you get the idea ,do that 10 times and get the feel of the sticks use gentle movements and note how the drone responds to the stick input
then turn the drone so it is facing you ,this is where it gets interesting,you will notice straight away that the drone responds differently, if you push the stick forwards the drone will come towards you if you push left the drone will go right,this is something that takes a lot of getting used to and is one of the biggest factors for causing crashes not only with drones but many forms of RC
but with time and practice it will become second nature ,and you will be able to do it with out having to look at your sticks ,time spent now will make your whole flying much more enjoyable ,and your drone will last longer

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

just purchased the Air 2 as my birthday present
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55