DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Manchester UK

ven

Reactions
Hi there, recently decided on a mavic air 2. Was a close call, the mini came very close to being chosen. But i thought i would still want an air 2 still, so made the little jump. Trouble is.......i still want a mini, mavic pro/zoom as well haha.

Not done too much yet, got my license sorted before buying the air 2. Gone through the set up and got more use to controls. Still not 100% on which mode i will end up using (2 or 3). Lots of reading up and watching footage etc

Previous had 4ch and 6ch helicopters, i wont lie, the 6ch 3d were a nightmare for me. 4ch i could fly much easier, certainly smaller ones in the house(no wind!). So as you can probably imagine, i am blown away by how awesome this air 2 is. How stable and easy it is to control. Yep its love at 1st flight!

Thanks for having me, look forward to learning lots from you guys and gals

Cheers ven :)

Hi, and welcome.

FWIW I think the Air 2 is a good choice! The mini has no sensors (that would scare me) and I think too many compromises were made to keep it under 250g. I have the zoom, but rarely use that facility. Occusync is frankly a "Must have" as despite all the arguments about FCC/CE, with occusync I have an excellent signal between me and my drone all the time within line of sight - and way beyond.

The good thing about the heavier drones is that they have better wind resistance and stability, and they use slightly less power trying to remain stable in one place. Also the line of sight is further as the Air is bigger than the Mini. I found that going from Spark to mavic 2.

Have fun flying!

Thanks guys:)

Yes, it was the mini for a week or so then i started looking at the air. Then finding the air 2 which(from researching) seemed a pretty good all rounder. With the sensors as you say and the option of tracking, swung it. The little better build quality and size all kind of helped the decision. No regrets at all so far and can certainly see more drones in the future. Obviously my 10yr old now wants one! But that would be a mini to help keep things safer.

For now though looking forward to some flight time(been pretty windy recently) to get use to the controls some.

My only regret was not getting the fly more combo. So i ordered another battery and some spare propellers from dji the other day.

Thanks guys:)

Yes, it was the mini for a week or so then i started looking at the air. Then finding the air 2 which(from researching) seemed a pretty good all rounder. With the sensors as you say and the option of tracking, swung it. The little better build quality and size all kind of helped the decision. No regrets at all so far and can certainly see more drones in the future. Obviously my 10yr old now wants one! But that would be a mini to help keep things safer.

For now though looking forward to some flight time(been pretty windy recently) to get use to the controls some.

My only regret was not getting the fly more combo. So i ordered another battery and some spare propellers from dji the other day.

I didn't get the flymore for my Mavic 2 Zoom. I just got an extra battery and some spare props. I didn't need a case and so on.

If your 10 year old wants ons, I'd suggest something cheaper than the Mini - with sensors! he's not going to be into photograph - just watching it wiz around the sky.

I didn't get the flymore for my Mavic 2 Zoom. I just got an extra battery and some spare props. I didn't need a case and so on.

If your 10 year old wants ons, I'd suggest something cheaper than the Mini - with sensors! he's not going to be into photograph - just watching it wiz around the sky.

Exact same as me, already had the case and although 3 batteries would be great, realistic 2 will probably be fine. I already have far too many batteries to keep in check.

Yes your right, i have not had any drone experience for a few years and no doubt the cheaper ones have improved significantly . In fact i still have one somewhere, but remember it not liking the slightest of breezes(no stability on this). I will see how i get on with this air 2 for now, i can see more down the line as it is very addictive!!!

I am buzzing i have found a new hobby/interest, our RC cars(2s/3s) have been sat stored away for maybe 2yrs.

The mavic 2 zoom looks awesome!!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly the MA2 and have man fun flights. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Thank you all, already getting a good vibe with the super friendly like minded dronholics!

Looking forward to taking up Rivington barn(away from people of course if its possible at all). Maybe some flying around Clifton marina, maybe avoiding the water for now!

Little frustrated with dji care package which i want to take out. Looks like i am now just outside the 48hrs of which i had no idea about time limit. So emailed them and will take from there. Depending on how things go, will depend on future investment into their gear. Looks like now i might have to mess around taking a video and uploading, which i really dont want to be doing right now.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters