DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Marco, Sicily, Italy

Emmediemme

Reactions
Hello everyone,
My name's Marco, I'm a physician with a strong passion for photography and video making.
I'm a Mavic Pro Owner from only four days and I'm writing from Sicily.

I'm getting confidence with the drone and all his amazing settings. I will show you my land as best I can.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello everyone,
My name's Marco, I'm a physician with a strong passion for photography and video making.
I'm a Mavic Pro Owner from only four days and I'm writing from Sicily.

I'm getting confidence with the drone and all his amazing settings. I will show you my land as best I can.
Hi Marco,

Welcome (belated). I'll be coming to Sicily mid September this year and staying on the west of the Island near Catania airport.

Are there any major issues I should be worried about kike registering my Mavic? Also, any rules/limitations on flying around specific to Sicily?

Grazie mille!

Hi dude!

Here in Italy we have some limitations.

1) before to fly take a look with your air company if they have rules and limitation. Generally companies (Alitalia, Ryanair, Easyjet) allow to flight with your drone in main cabin with the batteries in special ignifuge cases. Email them before your departure.

2) where will you go? Here in Italy there are some rules that I can sintethize in some points:
- fly over populed zones is not allowed without permissions (city centers, streets, etc.). So if you are in Rome i.e. You can't fly without permissions. To have permissions you must have a license released by our flight autority (ENAC). So, if you fly is at your own risk, cause police can take your drone and ask you for a fee.
- fly in rural and natural zones is allowed, but only if you use videos for you. If you want to sell or earn money from it you need permissions.
- everywhere the fly limits are 70m high and 200m radius from the pilot.
- you can't fly in a radius of 1km from an airport (your mavic won't fly automatically) and you need permissions if you fly in a radius of 8km from an airport. The app will ask you for that.

These are the main rules you need to know. Probably the rules are made to be broken But please take care for you and the people around you.
If you need more informations please let me know. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929