DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Minnesota!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome.

Since you offered ... At the bottom of the pages, I noticed a network of affiliated sites. Do the credentials (username/password) I use to sign into mavicpilots.com work on the other sites or do I need to register on the sites that I'm interested in?

Roger Noden

Thanks for the welcome.

Since you offered ... At the bottom of the pages, I noticed a network of affiliated sites. Do the credentials (username/password) I use to sign into mavicpilots.com work on the other sites or do I need to register on the sites that I'm interested in?

Roger Noden
We have 15 sites including this one and afraid you have to join each one like you did this one. You can use the name you have here if it hasn’t been taken .

Welcome to our Forum, W0ger, from the wide-open spaces of North Texas!

You'll find lot of neighbors from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes (and 5,000 Fish)" to help you grow as a pilot and photographer, and many more of us from around the world.

We look forward to seeing your state thru the lens of your MA2. You picked a terrific machine.

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy your new Air 2. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about it.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello everyone, newton drones and picked up a DJI Mavic Air 2 owner. Took it up yesterday for some initial test flights.

I also passed my FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge test today :)

I'm looking forward to learning more about flying and the drone.

--Roger Noden. Welcome fellow Minnesotan from Minneapolis. Question -where is this pilot knowledge test

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hello everyone, newton drones and picked up a DJI Mavic Air 2 owner. Took it up yesterday for some initial test flights.

I also passed my FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge test today :)

I'm looking forward to learning more about flying and the drone.

--Roger Noden
hi Roger say I live in Minneapolis in there and acted a TFR because of the riots I was wondering if they did that in your area also it’s a bummer

Welcome fellow Minnesotan from Minneapolis. Question -where is this pilot knowledge test

Jet Skier - Under the FAA rules, you can fly either as (A) Recreational Flyers and Modeler Community-based Organizations or (B) Certificated Remote Pilots including Commercial Operators. For more information see the FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) page.

Since I'm going be using the drone in commercial endeavors, I have to go the Certificated Remote Pilot route. Which requires passing a Knowledge Test that covers the FAA Part 107 rules, Airspace Classification, Operating Requirements, Flight Restrictions, Aviation Weather Sources, Meteorological Information Sources, Effects of Weather on Small Unmanned Aircraft Performance, Small Unmanned Aircraft Loading, Emergency Procedures, and Crew Resource Management, Radio Communication Procedures, Physiological Factors Affecting Pilot Performance, and Maintenance and Preflight Inspection Procedures.

It sounds like a lot, but the FAA provides some great study guides and 3D Insider has a pretty good study guide.

For the test, you have to schedule to take the exam at a testing center, my cost for the test was $160 - it may be different in your area depending on what testing centers are available.

I hope this helps,
Roger Noden

hi Roger say I live in Minneapolis in there and acted a TFR because of the riots I was wondering if they did that in your area also it’s a bummer

I don't feel comfortable with my skills yet to even venture close to the protest areas. I've been staying near the house and doing some simple test flights.

Thanks for replying yes I know all about the 107 certification the way you worded it sounded like there was a a test for the hobbyist but yes I know about all that thanks for the explanation nevertheless congratulations on passing it I’m not a good test taker otherwise I would attempt it

Reactions: Hauptmann and w0ger
I live about a half a mile from Ground Zero and I have been sending my Mavic up in my backyard just to search the city for fires and activity that’s about it around here. If you need a drone buddy Or need to find out about local flying areas give me a shout i’ve been flying for about a year and a half
Mike

Reactions: Hauptmann and w0ger
Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007