DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Newbury Park California!

Rodzilla

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic Pilots.

This is my first time on MavicPilots. I'm not a newbie to RC. In fact, I have about 40 years experience flying all kinds of model aircraft. However, I am new to camera drones. It took a little getting used to flying from a monitor verses line of sight. But I do like it a lot.

I got my first Mavic Pro about a month ago. I say first Mavic Pro because I am now on Mavic number 2. My first one flew great, but like many of you, it had issues with the image being blurry on the left side of the camera. I sent it into DJI for service in Cerritos CA. The online progress status said it was analyzed, repaired, quality inspected and then sent back to me. However, what came back was a different Mavic Pro (different SN), so I suspect the progress reports online are just canned responses. Anyway, this one has excellent image quality, but has an issue with horizon tilt on start up. After it starts up, it does it's gimbal calibration and looks fine, but after a few seconds the camera horizon tilts about 10+ degrees and then SLOWY comes back to level. It may take up to 30 seconds or so. In flight it works fine. My first Mavic Pro did not do this so, I don't believe this is normal. I'm going to call DJI again and see what they say. I don't know if I want to send this one back in fear I may get another one with even worse problems. What to do?...

Wish me luck!

Reactions: dirkclod
Luck !
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Rodzilla
Hello fellow Mavic Pilots.

This is my first time on MavicPilots. I'm not a newbie to RC. In fact, I have about 40 years experience flying all kinds of model aircraft. However, I am new to camera drones. It took a little getting used to flying from a monitor verses line of sight. But I do like it a lot.

I got my first Mavic Pro about a month ago. I say first Mavic Pro because I am now on Mavic number 2. My first one flew great, but like many of you, it had issues with the image being blurry on the left side of the camera. I sent it into DJI for service in Cerritos CA. The online progress status said it was analyzed, repaired, quality inspected and then sent back to me. However, what came back was a different Mavic Pro (different SN), so I suspect the progress reports online are just canned responses. Anyway, this one has excellent image quality, but has an issue with horizon tilt on start up. After it starts up, it does it's gimbal calibration and looks fine, but after a few seconds the camera horizon tilts about 10+ degrees and then SLOWY comes back to level. It may take up to 30 seconds or so. In flight it works fine. My first Mavic Pro did not do this so, I don't believe this is normal. I'm going to call DJI again and see what they say. I don't know if I want to send this one back in fear I may get another one with even worse problems. What to do?...

Wish me luck!
Howdy from Wyoming Rodzilla, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa