DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from NorCal, USA.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Chief1301
Welcome to the forum! :)

Still waiting for my mini. I hope to have it by 11/14/19? Can't wait. How many of you have received yours.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, mine was originally supposed to be delivered Tomorrow (Wednesday) now it says Thursday. If it's like my last shipments from DJI they usually come a day early, so fingers crossed for tomorrow still. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, mine was originally supposed to be delivered Tomorrow (Wednesday) now it says Thursday. If it's like my last shipments from DJI they usually come a day early, so fingers crossed for tomorrow still. Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks Aerial-Pixel! But I'm a little bummed, because of the Android compatibility issues I'm hearing about with the fly app. Apparently the fly app will crash when I connect my LG G7 ThinQ phone to the mini? Hopefully dji will fix the incompatibilities with some Android devices soon. I'm hoping some of the Mavic Pilots on this Forum will contact dji to request that dji fix these issues as soon as possible. Have a good evening Aerial-Pixel!

Welcome to the forum . . . hope you enjoy your new bird.

Thanks Skywatcher2001. I'm looking forward to flying the mini.
Please report back on how it handles (especially in the wind).

Please report back on how it handles (especially in the wind).

Hi Skywatcher2001,

I'm really enjoying my Mini. I think it handles really well. But the Mini is my first drone, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't had to contend with windy conditions yet, so I can't speak to that. I'll report back once I've flown it in the wind. There's rainy weather out my way, so I'll be flying in the house with the prop guards on. I'm looking forward to perfecting my flying with the Mini, and moving up to a Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, or Mavic Pro Platinum. Do you have any advise or recommendation s on those three Mavics?

Thanks,

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hi Skywatcher2001,

I'm really enjoying my Mini. I think it handles really well. But the Mini is my first drone, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't had to contend with windy conditions yet, so I can't speak to that. I'll report back once I've flown it in the wind. There's rainy weather out my way, so I'll be flying in the house with the prop guards on. I'm looking forward to perfecting my flying with the Mini, and moving up to a Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, or Mavic Pro Platinum. Do you have any advise or recommendation s on those three Mavics?

Thanks,
It depends on your goals. If it's imagery then the M2P will get you night shots with minimum noise. With the 1" sensor you can simulate that dolly zoom effect (like the M2Z) in post production. Obvious advantages of the M2Z is the 'Zoom" capability. For me . . . I wanted the big sensor for more professional quality imagery. So it comes down to how you will use it. The M2P is a bit better in low prop noise, imagery, stability (occusync 2) and flight time (nearly 30 minutes).

Hope this helps.

It depends on your goals. If it's imagery then the M2P will get you night shots with minimum noise. With the 1" sensor you can simulate that dolly zoom effect (like the M2Z) in post production. Obvious advantages of the M2Z is the 'Zoom" capability. For me . . . I wanted the big sensor for more professional quality imagery. So it comes down to how you will use it. The M2P is a bit better in low prop noise, imagery, stability (occusync 2) and flight time (nearly 30 minutes).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Skywatcher2001, I appreciate your advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N