DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from PDX!

plympton

Reactions
Stuck inside way way too long this year, I've decided to get rid of most of my terrestrial camera gear and picked up an Air 2 (well... more than 1, I like backups :)). I mean, the why isn't the Mavic, the why is more like "Why at the END of the Summer??"

I'm taking it slow. Just unpacked the Air 2, and trying to do research before flying anything. My kids and I have been playing with cheap drones, and they're a bit finicky and hard to control. I'm hoping the Mavic is as fun as it sounds. I'm eager to get some images of the recent burns we've had.

Anyhoo, hope to learn a bit from you pros!
-Dan

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Stuck inside way way too long this year, I've decided to get rid of most of my terrestrial camera gear and picked up an Air 2 (well... more than 1, I like backups :)). I mean, the why isn't the Mavic, the why is more like "Why at the END of the Summer??"

I'm taking it slow. Just unpacked the Air 2, and trying to do research before flying anything. My kids and I have been playing with cheap drones, and they're a bit finicky and hard to control. I'm hoping the Mavic is as fun as it sounds. I'm eager to get some images of the recent burns we've had.

Anyhoo, hope to learn a bit from you pros!
-Dan
My wife and I recently got back from visiting Portland for a week...I went nuts trying to shoot everything from some of your gorgeous waterfalls to the coast with my MA2.
You're very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as well as finding this helpful, friendly forum...happy shooting!

Hi everyone - I'm near Portland, OR and new to the forum and flying. Deciding which way to go on my 1st one. Low-end and learn (and then learn again on a high-end rig), or go straight to a M2P and try to learn on that while being very careful. Any advice from the pros is most welcome.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland HMPate.

The Mavic series of aircraft are awesome.

I recently upgraded from a Spark to a Mavic Air 2 as it seems to be in my budget.

The MA2 seems to be quite popular now but word in the grapevine is the new Mavic Mini 2 will be released soon and it's better than the original Mavic Mini.

Do your research before making the leap but whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi everyone - I'm near Portland, OR and new to the forum and flying. Deciding which way to go on my 1st one. Low-end and learn (and then learn again on a high-end rig), or go straight to a M2P and try to learn on that while being very careful. Any advice from the pros is most welcome.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but MA2 and M2P are very similar except for the large sensor on the M2P (1" vs 1/2") although most ppl are blown away with the images from the MA2.
I'm very happy with my MA2 but will probably upgrade some day...maybe if/when we see a M3P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest