DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
I was looking into attaching a GPS tacker to my on my Mavic Pro 1 drone. I did not as of yet because of two reasons.

1. Would the signal from the tracking device mess with the signals from or to the drone?

2. Where do you place the tracker? Top, bottom, front, rear?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Would the signal from the tracking device mess with the signals from or to the drone?
No.

Where do you place the tracker?
Depending on the size of the tracker you choose, there will likely be a few possible mounting locations. You can find some ideas here.

BTW, if you're not sure which trackers are available, you can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

I'm a new Mavic Pro owner too, and in southcentral Pa. Half way between Harrisburg and State College. I had a Parrot Bebop 2 and the instructions/manual were crap! I didn't know about these forums, and all the Youtube Videos.
So I was expecting the DJI people to be more on the ball than the Parrot people! NOT AT ALL! I really don't know WTF is wrong with this industry. Maybe the Chinese don't get customer service. So much is left out!
They update new versions of software, and make it a mystery as to what has been done. WIth Parrot they would give you a synopsis with each release, but then you would have to read the original instruction manual and then ALL the subsequent releases till you got up to date! I MEAN WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST AMEND THE MANUAL WITH EACH RELEASE. THEN PROVIDE NEW PAGE INSERTS WITH NEW RELEASES TO FIT IN THE PREVIOUS MANUAL TO BRING THAT MANUAL UP TO DATE? LOOSE LEAF BINDERS!
HAng in there and be patient. Look at all the Youtube videos you can. refer to this forum.

Welcome to the forum! :)

No.

Depending on the size of the tracker you choose, there will likely be a few possible mounting locations. You can find some ideas here.

BTW, if you're not sure which trackers are available, you can find a list of commonly used trackers here.
Thank you for the help. I saw some trackers the the ones pictured but thought they would be to big. This makes my purchase much easier.

I'm a new Mavic Pro owner too, and in southcentral Pa. Half way between Harrisburg and State College. I had a Parrot Bebop 2 and the instructions/manual were crap! I didn't know about these forums, and all the Youtube Videos.
So I was expecting the DJI people to be more on the ball than the Parrot people! NOT AT ALL! I really don't know WTF is wrong with this industry. Maybe the Chinese don't get customer service. So much is left out!
They update new versions of software, and make it a mystery as to what has been done. WIth Parrot they would give you a synopsis with each release, but then you would have to read the original instruction manual and then ALL the subsequent releases till you got up to date! I MEAN WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST AMEND THE MANUAL WITH EACH RELEASE. THEN PROVIDE NEW PAGE INSERTS WITH NEW RELEASES TO FIT IN THE PREVIOUS MANUAL TO BRING THAT MANUAL UP TO DATE? LOOSE LEAF BINDERS!
HAng in there and be patient. Look at all the Youtube videos you can. refer to this forum.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly if I didn’t figure out how to fly this thing by myself It would still be in the box of crashed in the nearest tree!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica