DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Sacramento, CA

Sailorsteve

Reactions
I bought the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on Nov 20. My wife was in cahoots with Santa Claus so she hid it till Christmas! But that was OK because it gave me lots of time to print out the owners manual, read it twice, look at billion you tubes, and just get totally prepared for the setup and the first flight - YEA!
At last the happy day: Christmas was here. A clear, sunny and kinda warm day. Perfect for the first flight.

Whoops, a slight delay. I was getting "MAG INTER" in the monitor when trying to calibrate IMU, Compass, any settings. Tried different rooms of the house, back yard, front yard, out in the street (coulda thought that one out a little better). Puzzled, I went back to the manual, no help. Then went to the Mavic Pilots Forum, lots of help there (go to the park. I must live in the most magnetic house in the whole county), but by this time the families were starting to arrive, so it was going to have to wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into the following day and yet again the following day. Oh, the torment!

Finally, Saturday, Dec 3, another beautiful day, so with everything charged up, I was off to the park! Completed the updates and the calibrations, had all the satellites connected, clear of NoFly Zones, the RC and the Mavic and the Phone were all communicating with one another. All the equipment was ready. Only one little problem: All that preparation, all that reading and watching videos, all that excitement and anticipation - I couldn't believe how nervous I was! I hesitated for a couple minutes. Finally pressed Auto Take Off and when I heard that sweet young thing say "Home Point Is Set, Check Your Map", I felt better and began to practice the movements I had planned. Simple out and back, left and right rolls, up and down. Somewhere, in the minutes that passed I lost that nervousness and was really enjoying flying my Mavic! Simple maneuvers they may have been, but by taking baby steps I gained confidence. I was actually disappointed to hear the Low Battery warning. It was a successful and happy beginning!

Since then, I've been out to the park everyday. Just fly one battery, assess my experience, and plan what to work on or what new thing to try tomorrow. I was comfortable enough to move out of Beginner Mode after the second flight. Still taking those Baby Steps maybe, but I plan to fly the Mavic for a very long time.
Sorry for the long post, but I'm still excited about flying my Mavic Pro!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome and enjoy your Mavic

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: ziggys
I bought the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on Nov 20. My wife was in cahoots with Santa Claus so she hid it till Christmas! But that was OK because it gave me lots of time to print out the owners manual, read it twice, look at billion you tubes, and just get totally prepared for the setup and the first flight - YEA!
At last the happy day: Christmas was here. A clear, sunny and kinda warm day. Perfect for the first flight.

Whoops, a slight delay. I was getting "MAG INTER" in the monitor when trying to calibrate IMU, Compass, any settings. Tried different rooms of the house, back yard, front yard, out in the street (coulda thought that one out a little better). Puzzled, I went back to the manual, no help. Then went to the Mavic Pilots Forum, lots of help there (go to the park. I must live in the most magnetic house in the whole county), but by this time the families were starting to arrive, so it was going to have to wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into the following day and yet again the following day. Oh, the torment!

Finally, Saturday, Dec 3, another beautiful day, so with everything charged up, I was off to the park! Completed the updates and the calibrations, had all the satellites connected, clear of NoFly Zones, the RC and the Mavic and the Phone were all communicating with one another. All the equipment was ready. Only one little problem: All that preparation, all that reading and watching videos, all that excitement and anticipation - I couldn't believe how nervous I was! I hesitated for a couple minutes. Finally pressed Auto Take Off and when I heard that sweet young thing say "Home Point Is Set, Check Your Map", I felt better and began to practice the movements I had planned. Simple out and back, left and right rolls, up and down. Somewhere, in the minutes that passed I lost that nervousness and was really enjoying flying my Mavic! Simple maneuvers they may have been, but by taking baby steps I gained confidence. I was actually disappointed to hear the Low Battery warning. It was a successful and happy beginning!

Since then, I've been out to the park everyday. Just fly one battery, assess my experience, and plan what to work on or what new thing to try tomorrow. I was comfortable enough to move out of Beginner Mode after the second flight. Still taking those Baby Steps maybe, but I plan to fly the Mavic for a very long time.
Sorry for the long post, but I'm still excited about flying my Mavic Pro!!
Howdy from Wyoming @Sailorsteve , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi Steve,
Nice write up!
I'm just "up the street and 'round the corner" from Sac. I'm near Grass Valley, just 1,000' from the Nevada County Airport! LOL
I understand all those anxieties.
I don't have a park or even a cow field very close by. :(
Happy Flying!
Michael

Hi Steve,
Nice write up!
I'm just "up the street and 'round the corner" from Sac. I'm near Grass Valley, just 1,000' from the Nevada County Airport! LOL
I understand all those anxieties.
I don't have a park or even a cow field very close by. :(
Happy Flying!
Michael

Hi Neighbor!
I don't know about a park, but you're certainly surrounded by all that beautiful 'Gold Country ".
Maybe they'll let you use one end of the runway on a not very busy day.
Good Luck!
Steve

Welcome ... I'm a newby too. I am down between Galt & Lodi. Enjoy!

Just in your neck of the woods this morning. Wife & her friend wanted to go to the antique show at Lodi fairgrounds. I had the Mavic with me just in case, but no luck. Hopefully tomorrow!

Hi Top Hat,
My son & family live in Roseville so we're there frequently. Any suggestions where to take the grandkids and fly the Magic?
I used to go to Buljan or Vencil Brown Park during the weekend when it's not busy to practice.
Folsom Lake is also a good place,there's a lot of flyers there (all sorts) during weekend.
Have a Safe Flight and see you around.
Happy Flying and WELCOME!Thumbswayup

Just in your neck of the woods this morning. Wife & her friend wanted to go to the antique show at Lodi fairgrounds. I had the Mavic with me just in case, but no luck. Hopefully tomorrow!
Oh yes, I missed that Antique show. I usually go. Not great weather for flying. Hope to get some good weather to do some flying in the Delta.

Hi, also in the Sacramento area. Just purchased a Mavic pro this last December. Have only found a few locations that might work for flying.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Martin Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61