DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Santa Maria, Ca

Billymod

Reactions
I just recently traded and airsoft gun for a Mavic Pro, and I am super stoked to have made this trade. Some of the capabilities of this drone are amazing. I had to fix the camera by replacing the video cable, which was actually pretty easy and now I have a fully operational drone.

I just need to get out and start flying, have been doing a ton of research, and now I am up for some flying.

This is all for fun, no plans for anything else professionally or commercial flying.

If you are in my area, hit me up, or if you know some great places to fly, let me know.

Cheers!
Bill

Welcome to the forum. Good trade. You will have a fun time with this quad. Ask questions, get involved, you will find plenty of advice and assistance here. Wish you well in your flying.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you have any questions about your Mavic.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: old man mavic
If you are in my area, hit me up, or if you know some great places to fly, let me know.

Welcome to the forum, Bill. I just flew around Gaviota Beach and some of the Central Coast wineries during a road-trip last week.

You‘ll learn to fly safely and legally through most of our forum members. Via essential apps like Kittyhawk and AirMap, you will see that Santa Maria sits in your airport’s Class D airspace, so maximum allowable altitude is zero-feet. The great news is that you’ve got miles of open flying space just a few minutes outside of town. Just steer clear of Vandenberg AFB with its rocket launching operations.

BE1AAD36-C7E9-4E28-9A63-A688CBA98186.png

The control tower gave me permission to fly up to 50ft (I know it's very low, I was just trying out a new drone nothing crazy) when I called them about a year ago. I was at a park near LaVigna subdivision. Unfortunately I don't think you can get permission this way anymore and besides this there are better places to fly. I am in Santa Maria about half the time. Would be up for some flying excursions sometime. I currently am using a Mavic Air.
On a side not I never did get it off the ground at that park. I was a noob and didn't understand that the DJI app wouldn't let me take off anyway!

Last edited:
The control tower gave me permission to fly up to 50ft (I know it's very low, I was just trying out a new drone nothing crazy) when I called them about a year ago. I was at a park near LaVigna subdivision. Unfortunately I don't think you can get permission this way anymore and besides this there are better places to fly. I am in Santa Maria about half the time. Would be up for some flying excursions sometime. I currently am using a Mavic Air.

Sounds great, I was actually able to fly today, I just requested permission on the app and was able to fly.

Reactions: Pharah
Yeah well just remember that sometimes the DJI app may say it is ok to fly but that isn't always the case. Double check with other apps and a dose of common sense.

Ok, so I did a ton of reading, registered with the FAA, and downloaded a few other apps. I am all good now, and have found quite a few places to fly, now just need this bloody rain to stop, and get some good weather to start my flying experience. Going to be way different than a C130, I was previously a flight medic in 130s.

I just recently traded and airsoft gun for a Mavic Pro, and I am super stoked to have made this trade. Some of the capabilities of this drone are amazing. I had to fix the camera by replacing the video cable, which was actually pretty easy and now I have a fully operational drone.

I just need to get out and start flying, have been doing a ton of research, and now I am up for some flying.

This is all for fun, no plans for anything else professionally or commercial flying.

Cheers!
Bill
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121