DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from So Cal!

Stebo19

Reactions
Thanks for letting me in the group! I just picked up my 1st drone, got a mini 2. Been having a blast so far and have been enjoying reading all the info here. Been a still photographer since way back in the film day (remember that). Been dabbling with video and this opens a whole new world. If there is anyone in the Long Beach / OC area who'd like to share some knowledge , it'd be great to meet up for a flight. Thanks!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Stebo19.

Been a still photographer since way back in the film day (remember that).

Do dark rooms exist anymore? ?

Just kidding. ?

Good luck with the Mini 2 and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

I just picked up my 1st drone, got a mini 2
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

If there is anyone in the Long Beach / OC area who'd like to share some knowledge , it'd be great to meet up for a flight.
Welcome to the forum!

You’ll probably find some great advice in the Local and Regional section, but always consult airspace apps like Kittyhawk. Newport Beach is certainly picturesque, but you’ll need LAANC approval to fly to 200 feet along the shore. Heading south of Crystal Cove through San Clemente offers clear airspace. Heading north of Newport Beach along PCH also offer clear airspace until Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station. Don’t forget the foothills for some majestic views, and probably some snow-capped mountaintops this time of year.

Safe flying to you and you MM2 in 2021!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143