DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South East Idaho

Thoraldus

DSAR - SAR Radio Officer
Reactions
Got a P3P back in May this year and had dozens of successful flights over the summer months. I sold the P3P and have just purchased an M2P. Quickly learned that my awesome Pixel 2 XL is not currently an optimum controller display device so I have acquired an IPad Mini 4 (works great so far) and have a CrystalSky on the way. (the skies are bright up here at 6000’)

I am studying for my Part 107 certification and expect to take the exam soon.

By the way, Great Forum!!!

cheers,
Rick Stirling

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Thank you Rob! This forum looks to be an awesome resource. I hadn’t noticed yet, but is there a 107 section around here?

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see links to our other forums which
1544386286879.png is devoted for 107's
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see links to our other forums which
View attachment 55552 is devoted for 107's
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Thank you!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Got a P3P back in May this year and had dozens of successful flights over the summer months. I sold the P3P and have just purchased an M2P. Quickly learned that my awesome Pixel 2 XL is not currently an optimum controller display device so I have acquired an IPad Mini 4 (works great so far) and have a CrystalSky on the way. (the skies are bright up here at 6000’)

cheers,
Rick Stirling
Howdy from Wyoming @Thoraldus , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

cheers,
Rick Stirling
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, good luck on your 107 certification. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome Rick! Congratulations on passing your 107 too, I'd try to get mine but the fact that it needs renewal every 24 months makes it not worth it for the few and limited times I might use it since I'm flying my majority of the time as an AMA hobbyist fixed wing pilot. I just got the MPP a month ago for fun and a change of flying skills. The video FPV was an added feature in my case and not even the primary reason for the purchase. I mostly liked the high tech abilities of the drone and the ease with which it flys compared to the gas fixed wing planes and gas helicopters I'm used to flying which take much more input and learning.

Reactions: Thoraldus
Welcome Rick! Congratulations on passing your 107 too, I'd try to get mine but the fact that it needs renewal every 24 months makes it not worth it for the few and limited times I might use it since I'm flying my majority of the time as an AMA hobbyist fixed wing pilot. I just got the MPP a month ago for fun and a change of flying skills. The video FPV was an added feature in my case and not even the primary reason for the purchase. I mostly liked the high tech abilities of the drone and the ease with which it flys compared to the gas fixed wing planes and gas helicopters I'm used to flying which take much more input and learning.

Mike,

Perhaps by next year the $150 recurring exam fee might be a thing of the past. Hope so!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser