DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Stuttgart Germany

Grando

Reactions
Hi,

I'm totally a newbie concerning drones etc. I wanted since nearly 4-5 years a drone but the this year I found a model which was perfect for my requirements. The mavic :)

It's nearly one month since I got it and had a few flights. As it is really easy to fly it is a lot of fun to fly it.

Today, I started it from the balkony of my parents which was a piece of cane. I flew around and then wanted to came back to the balkony and land. I forgot to switch off the obsticle sensor which made the mavic fly dangerouslw back to the handrail. I decided to catch it by hand which the mavic then started accelarete the motors and nearly 3-5 minutes i treid everything with the rc to stop it but nothing helped. I then decided to "throw" it back in the air. The confusing thing is that it started then to fly above a specific point and trying it to flying to another place to land it ignored and flied back to the sepcific place. I restarted then the app which worked and I could land it finally.

While holding the mavic, it smelled like a little a electrical short. I then made smell test and only one motor smelled like it. So my question is, is this normal or do I have a damage?

Thanks and regards
Grando

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike