DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Sydney, Australia

Plonker

Reactions
Hi Guys, Chris here from Sydney, Australia.

I only got my Mavic Pro on Saturday 29/05/2017. This makes my 3rd drone so far, started with a Parrot Bebop Mark 1 with Sky Controller which I loved for a while until I started getting plagued with run away's and even the slightest breeze sending it haywire. I sold that off before I lost it completely.

I was droneless for a couple of months and my wife wasn't to happy with me getting another one seeing as though the Bebop I had sold for a loss and she doesn't see the point of drones in the first place :p Anyways I took the wife on a holiday to Hawaii and on one of our outings I found a Best Buy and my wife made the mistake of letting me go in. I ended out walking out with a Phantom 3 Standard for about 1/2 the price they were selling back in Australia. Flash forward 6 months of happy droning and then I make the mistake of updating to the latest firmware (usually I wait and look at reviews first). Now I cant get more than 100m away before it looses signal and returns home, tried to roll back my update but ended up bricking the drone. I spend a week researching how to fix the drone, DJI can't help me because I bought the drone in the states, in the end I got it back working again and decide I am going to sell it on (Drone functions perfectly just with reduced range, not one to sell Lemons and I advise this to the buyer). End up getting my money back due to buying it originally for half the price here in Oz.

Now onto Drone 3, my wife really didnt want me to get another one but hey a man needs toys :p I had been looking at the Phantom 4 as it was readily available here in Oz and the prices had reduced significantly from when I got the P3S. I had done all the research and was convinced this was the drone for me, I had looked at the Mavic also but no one had any stock and they had no idea when they would be available. Anyway long story short I went to buy the P4 and ended up with a Mavic Pro :p

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hi Guys, Chris here from Sydney, Australia.

I only got my Mavic Pro on Saturday 29/05/2017. This makes my 3rd drone so far, started with a Parrot Bebop Mark 1 with Sky Controller which I loved for a while until I started getting plagued with run away's and even the slightest breeze sending it haywire. I sold that off before I lost it completely.

I was droneless for a couple of months and my wife wasn't to happy with me getting another one seeing as though the Bebop I had sold for a loss and she doesn't see the point of drones in the first place :p Anyways I took the wife on a holiday to Hawaii and on one of our outings I found a Best Buy and my wife made the mistake of letting me go in. I ended out walking out with a Phantom 3 Standard for about 1/2 the price they were selling back in Australia. Flash forward 6 months of happy droning and then I make the mistake of updating to the latest firmware (usually I wait and look at reviews first). Now I cant get more than 100m away before it looses signal and returns home, tried to roll back my update but ended up bricking the drone. I spend a week researching how to fix the drone, DJI can't help me because I bought the drone in the states, in the end I got it back working again and decide I am going to sell it on (Drone functions perfectly just with reduced range, not one to sell Lemons and I advise this to the buyer). End up getting my money back due to buying it originally for half the price here in Oz.

Now onto Drone 3, my wife really didnt want me to get another one but hey a man needs toys :p I had been looking at the Phantom 4 as it was readily available here in Oz and the prices had reduced significantly from when I got the P3S. I had done all the research and was convinced this was the drone for me, I had looked at the Mavic also but no one had any stock and they had no idea when they would be available. Anyway long story short I went to buy the P4 and ended up with a Mavic Pro :p
Howdy from Wyoming Plonker, welcome to the community. Enjoy your Mavic, she is a beauty.

Hello to all, I'm actually from Hawaii but moved here to Sydney a couple of years ago. I flew a P4 for a while and sold it and bought a Mavic pro. Really enjoying it as it is so light I can keep it in my bag. Half the time I just didn't want to drag out the P4 and all the gear. Also traveling with it was a pain. I did it once and didnt want to do it again. The Mavic has less issues with props in the shots as well and flys much farther. Took the Mavic to Newcastle with the family and saw some nice sunsets.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
Nice Picture! I was in Newcastle in December and really enjoyed it especially since it was warm and sunny while back home it was snowing :)

Nice Picture! I was in Newcastle in December and really enjoyed it especially since it was warm and sunny while back home it was snowing :)
Thanks mate... I actually flew out chasing out a sailboat at sunset and thought, "that is the shot..." until I turned the drone around. As I came back I was able to do a few reveal takes off the ocean as well which turned out great. I believe this was Dixon beach. Newcastle was a fun day trip.

Love your handle.....just hope you wont plonk your Mavic down too hard :)

Welcome!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00