DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Texas soon to be from Florida

glockster5

Reactions
Hi to all,
Yes I'm a noobie on all of this drone world so please excuse me if I ask something that someone has already asked. (I apologize in advance) My first drone was a Hubsan Zino which I bought about 2 months ago, loved it but then my brother started talking to me about the mavic pro so I went I got me one for a very good price. I did all the updates it required and have flown it a few times but just close to home while I get used to it. A few days ago I tried going a little farther and about 1/2 mile away I lost complete signal from the app, I couldn't connect back up and honestly I thought I lost it but it came back to its landing point. So far its done it twice now I;m a little scared to send it out farther and losing it in the way. Has someone experienced this and is there something I should do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum @glockster5 The search icon ? top right of page will help out with any questions you have if needed?

When flying, did you have any obstacles in the way, trees/buildings etc?

Reactions: wjkrysak
@Porky thanks for the response, well appreciated! Honestly I took off from my backyard and there is a tree but I was flying in the opposite direction. I was at an altitude of about 150ft so I was pretty cleared of other obstacles. I never experienced it before with the other drone. I haven't been able to fly it again since the weather has been bad and windy here in Texas.

Antennas in the right position? So your controller/MP had no obstacles blocking there signal path. You normally loose signal because of that.

I’m sure someone else will chime in with more suggestions?

Reactions: glockster5
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You question is appreciated. You will find all sorts of feedback, advice, and support. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hi to all,
Yes I'm a noobie on all of this drone world so please excuse me if I ask something that someone has already asked. (I apologize in advance) My first drone was a Hubsan Zino which I bought about 2 months ago, loved it but then my brother started talking to me about the mavic pro so I went I got me one for a very good price. I did all the updates it required and have flown it a few times but just close to home while I get used to it. A few days ago I tried going a little farther and about 1/2 mile away I lost complete signal from the app, I couldn't connect back up and honestly I thought I lost it but it came back to its landing point. So far its done it twice now I;m a little scared to send it out farther and losing it in the way. Has someone experienced this and is there something I should do to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Make sure the antenna are vertical and parallel to each other like this:
1585369503040.png

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus