DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Texas!

Jerry-rigged

Reactions
Howdy Gang!

New DJI owner, just bought a Mini2. I have played with a lot of cheap quads, a few decent smaller racing style quads, and dipped my toes into FPV for a bit. the Mini 2 will kind of be my first drone - I did have a Walkera drone, but it was garbage, so I never really got to fly it...

One quick question - yes or no on the "DJI Refresh"? My worry is flyaway (my Walkera tried to fly away every time I put in auto-mode) but $79 + $225 for the fly away coverage does not seem to be a great deal... Thoughts?

Anyways, Hi!

Jerry from Texas.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Jerry-rigged.

Nice to meet you Jerry. ?

I purchased Care Refresh on my Spark and now my MA2.

I haven't used it thankfully, just peace of mind.

There's a lot of chatter about a State Farm insurance policy.

Some agents have it, others don't. ?

It's worth checking out and in some cases, you don't have to have a primary policy with them.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi from FRANCE, Jerry-rigged ;-)

About the DJI Care-Refresh, it's a good thing cause it's your 1st DJI drone ; don't forget that the DJI Mini2 has only 1 obstacle avoidance (under). So I think it's a good idea to take the DJI insurance & if you don't use for this moment, it'll make you feel better to tell you : ok if stg happens (except pilot fault), I've this insurance.

About Walkera, yep there are a lot who had fly away. At the beginning, there was some Walkera racers who haven't got any failsafe ... later with the update it was ok.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. A great place to ask questions and learn!

I also recently purchased a Mini 2. I purchased the Care Refresh from DJI. As mentioned above, it is an insurance policy. The Mini 2 is my first real drone. I have had toy drones and found them to be not much fun to fly because of the poor quality in control and video. However, you get what you pay for. The Mini 2 on the other hand is exceptional in every regard!

Howdy Gang!

New DJI owner, just bought a Mini2. I have played with a lot of cheap quads, a few decent smaller racing style quads, and dipped my toes into FPV for a bit. the Mini 2 will kind of be my first drone - I did have a Walkera drone, but it was garbage, so I never really got to fly it...

One quick question - yes or no on the "DJI Refresh"? My worry is flyaway (my Walkera tried to fly away every time I put in auto-mode) but $79 + $225 for the fly away coverage does not seem to be a great deal... Thoughts?

Anyways, Hi!

Jerry from Texas.
Check with your local insurance agent to see if they offer "drone insurance." Typically cheaper and easier to deal with than DJI Customer Service on "flyaways / crashes."

Refresh is the $79. What is the other $225?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks Ya'll!

I went ahead and got the DJI Refresh. First decent drone and all, plus, with my ground RC's, my day normally ends with all or most of my cars broke.. LOL. But I can get parts for my RC cars, does not seem to be much in the way of parts sales for these DJIs.

Oh, and I am from south of Houston, in Alvin.

Jerry

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Thanks Ya'll!

I went ahead and got the DJI Refresh. First decent drone and all, plus, with my ground RC's, my day normally ends with all or most of my cars broke.. LOL. But I can get parts for my RC cars, does not seem to be much in the way of parts sales for these DJIs.

Oh, and I am from south of Houston, in Alvin.

Jerry
Grew up in Alvin. Just home from visiting my brother there. Gordon street is still way too narrow!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest