DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Bay Area!

korciuch

Reactions
My name is Kyle and I've been flying drones for many years at an amateur level. So far, I've flown to record college soccer games with a Mavic 1, inspect the inside an aircraft carriers's ballast tanks with a DJI FPV, and other weird, unrelated jobs. I passed the Part 107 test and graduated with a CS degree this past summer - I'm very passionate about computer vision, drones, and automation.

These combined interests led me to create a company to explore building a platform to import drone footage / data, run computer vision algorithms to analyze the data, and generate reports from the outputs of those algorithms. However, the drone software market seems extremely congested and competitive - i.e. Drone Base, Drone Deploy, Aquiline Drones, etc.

Are there any markets in this industry that you would say are currently untapped by this competition? Also, are there any software features / capabilities related to your workflow that are currently not available, but you would like to have? I was wondering if you guys could guide me towards the right direction. Thanks!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Hello from the Crossroads of America korciuch

Nice to meet you Kyle. 🤝

Sorry I can't help you with your questions.

You might take a look at the Commercial Pilots part of the site(s) for some possible answers. 🤔

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support on the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Are there any markets in this industry that you would say are currently untapped by this competition?

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Consider this, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates created the competition, you can too!

I'm a retired computer programmer and I've seen so much happen so fast that my head still spins. I will offer you this advice; keep your ear to the ground and your nose to the wind. Remember, they all laughed when the comics first showed **** Tracy using his wrist radio (Apple Watch)… Wonder Woman with her invisible airplane (metamaterials), and remember, the Ion Engine started out as a science fiction writer's story line…

Everything that has not yet happed is impossible, until it is…

Happy Droning!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Ask your question in general not intros.
Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
But not in intros. 👍👍

My name is Kyle and I've been flying drones for many years at an amateur level. So far, I've flown to record college soccer games with a Mavic 1, inspect the inside an aircraft carriers's ballast tanks with a DJI FPV, and other weird, unrelated jobs. I passed the Part 107 test and graduated with a CS degree this past summer - I'm very passionate about computer vision, drones, and automation.

These combined interests led me to create a company to explore building a platform to import drone footage / data, run computer vision algorithms to analyze the data, and generate reports from the outputs of those algorithms. However, the drone software market seems extremely congested and competitive - i.e. Drone Base, Drone Deploy, Aquiline Drones, etc.

Are there any markets in this industry that you would say are currently untapped by this competition? Also, are there any software features / capabilities related to your workflow that are currently not available, but you would like to have? I was wondering if you guys could guide me towards the right direction. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum from Colorado!!!

Hi Kyle,

Just some general advice here as a successful software startup guy. In my experience the best software products and inventions come from creating something you passionately want for yourself. I find this a more successful approach than asking other people what they want.

Then once you come up with your "great idea", you assume someone else came up with the same idea and already created a product around that. If you verify that's not the case, then you do some market testing of your idea, and then go about building it.

How do you use drones yourself?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143