DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Midwest (USA)

scott135

Reactions
Greetings and Hello,
I am new to the forum and to DJI products in general. Today I received a DJI Mini 2. I have not flown the aircraft... yet. Charging batteries and going through the unboxing. I have flown other "drones", starting with a Syma X5c, and then an Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. The Syma was a toy drone and was adequate and served a purpose. It taught me the very very basics. I wanted more... enter the Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. Definitely a step up in quality, features, and capabilities. The idea of on-board video and increased range was a welcome upgrade. However, I was never happy with the video quality ie the jerkiness (fixed camera, no gimbals) and also the loss of signal to/from the drone. The loss of signal seemed to occur often and what I believed to be well within the advertised range. These shortcomings really kept me from flying consistently and developing the skills needed to be a proficient drone pilot.

Fast forward to the recent past. A friend purchased a drone similar to a Mini 2 (Roku something) and I was again hooked by the overall capabilities. The video was stable, the range excellent! I have always thought flying a DJI drone would be a treat and this past week, I ordered a Mini 2. I have watched countless videos and read a lot about DJI and the Mini 2. I am excited to fly, but more importantly to learn more and increase my skills as a drone pilot and in aerial photography. A very exciting hobby to resume or actually start over... and at the ripe old age of 51!

I appreciate this forum and know that I will learn more than I will ever be able to teach others and for that I am very thankful. I have high expectations for the Mini 2 and for myself. With patience, consistent flying time, dedication to the hobby, and this forum as a knowledge base, I hope I will be successful!
Scott

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings and Hello,
I am new to the forum and to DJI products in general. Today I received a DJI Mini 2. I have not flown the aircraft... yet. Charging batteries and going through the unboxing. I have flown other "drones", starting with a Syma X5c, and then an Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. The Syma was a toy drone and was adequate and served a purpose. It taught me the very very basics. I wanted more... enter the Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. Definitely a step up in quality, features, and capabilities. The idea of on-board video and increased range was a welcome upgrade. However, I was never happy with the video quality ie the jerkiness (fixed camera, no gimbals) and also the loss of signal to/from the drone. The loss of signal seemed to occur often and what I believed to be well within the advertised range. These shortcomings really kept me from flying consistently and developing the skills needed to be a proficient drone pilot.

Fast forward to the recent past. A friend purchased a drone similar to a Mini 2 (Roku something) and I was again hooked by the overall capabilities. The video was stable, the range excellent! I have always thought flying a DJI drone would be a treat and this past week, I ordered a Mini 2. I have watched countless videos and read a lot about DJI and the Mini 2. I am excited to fly, but more importantly to learn more and increase my skills as a drone pilot and in aerial photography. A very exciting hobby to resume or actually start over... and at the ripe old age of 51!

I appreciate this forum and know that I will learn more than I will ever be able to teach others and for that I am very thankful. I have high expectations for the Mini 2 and for myself. With patience, consistent flying time, dedication to the hobby, and this forum as a knowledge base, I hope I will be successful!
Scott
Hello,
Welcome to the forum, would you happen to be located anywhere near the Chicago suburbs?

Greetings and Hello,

Scott
You claimed it and you will! Have fun and enjoy the learning curve. Lots of support here for certain ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143