DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From the Roanoke Virginia area,

Donaldrke

Reactions
Now new, but new to Mavic, Just waiting for some decent weather. Looking forward to interacting and learning all I can.

Donald

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

thank you

Now new, but new to Mavic, Just waiting for some decent weather. Looking forward to interacting and learning all I can.

Donald

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask questions.
A good place to start is to read the manual and always fly safe. Most importantly, enjoy :D

Donald
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Also. please take a minute and enter your location on your profile. It will better help us to help you. Here is a link on how to update your location:

Please update your locations! Its so easy to do...

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Reactions: Buddhasdrone
Well there’s a blast from the past. About 40 years ago, when we lived around Lake Barcroft Va, my parents and I went on a road trip through Shenandoah to Roanoke. My main memories of that were that it was a beautiful place.

Welcome to the forum.

It is a beautiful Area, I got to say having been around the world, I am glad I call this home now.

Reactions: ChoccyBoy
My only knowledge of roanoke is from american horror story

The Roanoke Star, Watch your Height though, Ken Heron on you tube did a great video there.

The Airport is right near downtown, so downtown is limited. Green Hill Park is a great place, very large field. There are Lots of beautiful Country. Still quite new so haven't gone out exploring too much out of my comfort zone yet.

The Roanoke Star, Watch your Height though, Ken Heron on you tube did a great video there.

The Airport is right near downtown, so downtown is limited. Green Hill Park is a great place, very large field. There are Lots of beautiful Country. Still quite new so haven't gone out exploring too much out of my comfort zone yet.

Once upon a time I thought to look at Green Hill to fly one of the schools Phantoms after I properly registered it. This was a couple years ago but they had posted basically what amounted to, no RC Flying of any kind (specifically mentioning drones) in the park. I need to go back out there and see if they still have those restrictions posted on the sign board in the middle of the big field. There would be some beautiful shots to be had from this place if launch/land would actually be permitted.

I guess its time to start poking around again since I plan to have my drone by the end of the month.

What I really hope to do is some more poking around the tiny public roads that shoot off the Blue Ridge Parkway and talk to some landowners to try to shoot some of that beauty of the area. So many pictures of folks launching and landing in this National Park controlled area. If I hadn't been reading up on the details of the rules I likely would have ended up with a citation. :)

Is the star inside the National Park Bounds? Though I do know there is lots of privately owned property on that mountain that would be super cool to launch/land from.

Nice to see some RV folks poking around the forums.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna