DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the U.P.

Hfcomms

Reactions
Hi all;

Just joined the board this afternoon and looking forward to the hobby. I have been a licensed private pilot since 1992 and have flown radio controlled airplanes and helicopters in the past. (Boy, are the helicopters hard to fly....LOL). I am also a weather buff being a pilot and hold a general class amateur radio ticket as well as a weather website on the sig line.

Decided that I would like to check out the drone community and a lot of things have changed since the last radio controlled helicopter I flew about 15 years ago. After watching all of the videos on Youtube and checking out places like this I have a Mini 3 pro on order with the extended range batteries and other accessories and am looking forward to it. I do think for being a newby it would probably be wisdom to purchase the DJI extended care package which I will do when I register the drone.

Back in the day I also did technical director and director three camera shoots using the analog equipment back in the 1990's so this hobby encompasses everything that I like. You have the video camera aspect, radio, weather and of course flying.

One of the best things I like are the redundancies built into the drones to help you fly safely with the obstacle avoidance and that of course is a major concern when you are dealing with a piece of equipment that cost $1000 on up. I've crashed more than one RC airplane back in the day and that becomes quite expensive and cost a lot of money along the way to be good at it.

Anyway, glad to join the board and as noob's with anything tend to ask basic questions that have been asked and answered hundreds of times into tedium I am going to do a bit of lurking, reading and watching videos along the way and might have some questions with post production of videos and editing as things have come a long way since doing productions on videotape.

Doug

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all;

Just joined the board this afternoon and looking forward to the hobby. I have been a licensed private pilot since 1992 and have flown radio controlled airplanes and helicopters in the past. (Boy, are the helicopters hard to fly....LOL). I am also a weather buff being a pilot and hold a general class amateur radio ticket as well as a weather website on the sig line.

Decided that I would like to check out the drone community and a lot of things have changed since the last radio controlled helicopter I flew about 15 years ago. After watching all of the videos on Youtube and checking out places like this I have a Mini 3 pro on order with the extended range batteries and other accessories and am looking forward to it. I do think for being a newby it would probably be wisdom to purchase the DJI extended care package which I will do when I register the drone.

Back in the day I also did technical director and director three camera shoots using the analog equipment back in the 1990's so this hobby encompasses everything that I like. You have the video camera aspect, radio, weather and of course flying.

One of the best things I like are the redundancies built into the drones to help you fly safely with the obstacle avoidance and that of course is a major concern when you are dealing with a piece of equipment that cost $1000 on up. I've crashed more than one RC airplane back in the day and that becomes quite expensive and cost a lot of money along the way to be good at it.

Anyway, glad to join the board and as noob's with anything tend to ask basic questions that have been asked and answered hundreds of times into tedium I am going to do a bit of lurking, reading and watching videos along the way and might have some questions with post production of videos and editing as things have come a long way since doing productions on videotape.

Doug
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello from the Crossroads of America Hfcomms

Nice to meet you Doug. 🤝

I used to snowmobile in the U.P.

I even did a cross country ride on Trail 8 that goes from Ironwood through Marquette to Sault Saint Marie.

Beautiful country you Yoopers have. 👍

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi all;

Doug
Welcome, friend, from Savannah, GA!

Sounds like you have the perfect background to rise up around here.. ha!

Its a great hobby and you've found a great spot to dig for info!

Hello from SE PA. That is one beautiful piece of American real estate yous have up there. Other than the cold, I would love to live up there.

Greetings and salutations from the South Pacific.

Er, where is U.P. and what does it stand for?

When I first read the forum title I thought it meant Uttar Pradesh in India 😊

It's the Upper Pensusla of the State of Michigan, USA.

Michigan Michigan - Google Search

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey. I got involved with RC planes last year and know the feeling of crashing those things. A completely different experience from flying a drone. I love the UP!! Been there several times and always looking to go back.

Got to like the snow and cold. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Drone likes it.
First rule for cold weather flying is keep the batteries warm before use and it is wise to land well before you get low battery warnings. The colder it is the more important this is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair