DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Tokyo

sirpent0r

Reactions
Hi all,

Mavic Air 2 user. I recently moved to Tokyo and am finding a lot of restricted flight areas... pretty much everywhere. I've read about applying for "permission" to fly, which I may look into but curious if anyone has any recommendations or "go to" spots to fly in the area? I live in the Setagaya area and see what looks like some non restricted space west of the Tama river around some golf courses and other green space areas but not sure they are ok.

thanks!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America sirpent0r,

Hopefully someone can help you find some spots to fly.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi all,

Mavic Air 2 user. I recently moved to Tokyo and am finding a lot of restricted flight areas... pretty much everywhere. I've read about applying for "permission" to fly, which I may look into but curious if anyone has any recommendations or "go to" spots to fly in the area? I live in the Setagaya area and see what looks like some non restricted space west of the Tama river around some golf courses and other green space areas but not sure they are ok.

thanks!
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Back in the early 1980's I lived up on Hokkaido for a little over a year. Absolutely loved Hokkaido and Japan. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all,

thanks!
Welcome to mavicpilots.com, "neighbour" ! ;-) (also living in Setagaya-ku and owner of a Mavic Air2 here ^^)
Well, sadly we have in deed tons of restrictions around. Best is you check this post which has several infos on the topic. Basically, as you noticed, it's restricted everywhere "officially" and where it is not, it is also "inofficially" (local restrictions, private, etc). Like you, i searched a lot, and thought about tama river shores, green areas like golf spots etc too, but found out it's also prohibited by the ward, just not reported yet on the official map from MLIT. Your best bet to train is sadly to join a drone school (hangar training, sucks but well...) or move to a dedicated place like i did, which is sadly not a good fit for a regular training solution. Only other alternative would be to find some relatively remote area and fly there very early in the morning (before 5-6AM ?) when no old wanabe "policeman assistant" is roaming around (many cases of delation in Japan). But like me, Setagaya-ku : dame desu... Everything remote is out of reach without car/train. Feel free to contact me for further infos or even to meet and plan a fly together maybe. =)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair