DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Ulster County / Catskills / Woodstock

Hey,

Just got my first drone, Mavic Air.

As the weather get nicer anyone in the general area want to get together and do some flying?

Cheers,

G
Howdy from Wyoming @PointG , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
Thanks!

Hey,

As the weather get nicer anyone in the general area want to get together and do some flying?

Cheers,

G
Hello I am from Long Island but I am up in the New Paltz , Gardiner area very often. As the nicer weather approaches I'll be searching out areas around there could be flying always great scenery by the gunks.

Sounds good. If you know you are coming up give me a shout about a week in advance if you can.
BTW I'm on LI also.
Where are you down there? I might be in the Long Beach area after April or definately in mid June and after.

Sounds good. If you know you are coming up give me a shout about a week in advance if you can.
BTW I'm on LI also.
Where are you down there? I might be in the Long Beach area after April or definately in mid June and after.
I am out in Ronkonkoma

Great.
Are there any organized groups you know of on LI that are into drones?
Sadly I have not been able to find any real group that takes in US quadcopter drone types LOL there are several fixed-wing groups that apparently seeing semi snobbish in the Drone Arena

Sadly I have not been able to find any real group that takes in US quadcopter drone types LOL there are several fixed-wing groups that apparently seeing semi snobbish in the Drone Arena
I totally don't get why drones are like a negative aspect out there cuz these are the new up-and-coming RC type

totally don't get why drones are like a negative aspect out there cuz these are the new up-and-coming RC type
Probably a combination of resistance to new things, the fact that quads are actually much more useful than a fixed wing RC and the reality that (luckily for me) it is MUCH easier to fly a quad than a fixed wing RC.
I think non racing Quads appear mostly to photographers/videographers where fixed wing RC operators are more into just flying around.
YMMV.

Hey,

Cheers,

G

Hey what’s up bud? I live in Dutches County but work out by Ellenville. I’m not sure if you’re still flying or in the area but I’ll surely be flying when the weather gets nicer. Sam’s Point is definitely a must for me.

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would definitely like to do some flying when it gets nicer.

I'm on LI for most of the winter but will be up there a lot when it get nicer.

Sam's Point is a State Park so it might be a legal issue flying there but I'm sure there are options.

Lets connect when it gets nicer.

Cheers,

G

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851