DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from West Coast of Canada

PacRav

Reactions
Hello all. After messing about with cheap "toy" drones, finally bit the bullet and bought the Mavic 2 Pro, with the Fly More Kit. Have had it in the air for a few short and cautious trials and all seems well. But have a few questions:
  1. Should I put the SD card in the drone or in the Smart Controller? Or should I buy another card and put one in both? I'm a little confused so far about the recording location defaults and options.
  2. Once I have some video or pics in either location, do I upload to my PC from the controller directly by the mini wifi cable, and do the same for any video pics on the drone? I linked using Bluetooth to my PC, connection was made, but every time I tried to upload a video file from the SC to the PC it failed. Haven't figured that one out so if you've seen that let me know.
  3. Of the cam filters that come in the Fly More, is it good practise to leave one installed all the time (perhaps a polarizing one) to enhance video and protect the cam lens?
Now that the financial pain is over really looking forward to upcoming flights. I'm on a little island with drone airspace only limited by lots of trees and hungry salt water for fly aways. At least I think that is the case - I'm going to have to acquaint myself with drone regs in this area. We do have float planes coming and going from a bay about 5km away so perhaps there is an issue.

Anyways - glad to be here and looking forward to advice from you experience pilots.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Recommend reading the full online only 70 page DJI manual for your drone. Get it on this page and other useful stuff.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Sounds like you are in Haida Gwaii maybe? If so I am located in Terrace. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of suggestions and assistance on this forum. I am sure an M2P pilot will be along soon to respond to your questions. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55