DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Worcester area.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum! Regarding your question involving the Mavic Air or Pro, what do you plan on using the drone for? Also, I have heard that DJI has discontinued the Mavic Air. Given that accessories and support for that aircraft will get harder to find in the coming time, that may factor into your decision as well.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Hi,
I'll use it mainly for photography and occasionally video, but that could change as I get into it. So image quality is important.
Being discontinued is not a problem as I'll probably buy the parts second hand anyway.
Thanks

Last edited:
I would recommend the Mavic 2 Pro. It has a 20mp Hassleblad camera and takes fantastic stills and video.It also has more flexibility for other avenues should you want to use it for some commercial purposes and not just hobby photo and video.

WELCOME to the forum :)

@MichaelJ you would be better off with the MPP flymore combo over the air because of the occusync alone,its a much better system than WIFI,and gives a much more stable connection between the controller and drone,i guess the only thing that would stop me from a new drone purchase right now ,is the new rules that are coming this summer,as it seems it will impact on drones that are not compliant with the new systems that are coming
there is much speculation about how long our current drones will be allowed to fly as we do now,and i am just going to carry on flying until i am prevented by new laws from doing so

I would recommend the Mavic 2 Pro. It has a 20mp Hassleblad camera and takes fantastic stills and video.It also has more flexibility for other avenues should you want to use it for some commercial purposes and not just hobby photo and video.

Yeah, the Mavic 2 Pro is my dream drone but I can't afford it yet!

@MichaelJ you would be better off with the MPP flymore combo over the air because of the occusync alone,its a much better system than WIFI,and gives a much more stable connection between the controller and drone,i guess the only thing that would stop me from a new drone purchase right now ,is the new rules that are coming this summer,as it seems it will impact on drones that are not compliant with the new systems that are coming
there is much speculation about how long our current drones will be allowed to fly as we do now,and i am just going to carry on flying until i am prevented by new laws from doing so

Occusync is very tempting but I heard that the MA has a better camera, which is important for me. Also it is smaller, which is also important as it needs to be portable.

But then the Mavic Pro has a nicer controller; info screen and two dials.

Tricky....

Yeah, the Mavic 2 Pro is my dream drone but I can't afford it yet!
Understood. The Mavic Air would be a solid option for you. However, DJI does have official refurbished units available for not much more money than the air. And you are able to attach their refresh warranty to them which makes it a pretty good deal to get into a M2 Pro.

Welcome aboard MichaelJ . . . I would lean towards either of the Mavic Pros simply because of flight time. The biggest gripe I here is battery life in the MA. It does (kinda) depend on what you are going to do with it. Good luck with your choice! This is the best place to get advice . . .

Understood. The Mavic Air would be a solid option for you. However, DJI does have official refurbished units available for not much more money than the air. And you are able to attach their refresh warranty to them which makes it a pretty good deal to get into a M2 Pro.

I will probably buy my drone damaged of eBay. I like to fix them. Then when I have sold that and made a few £100 profit I might be able to get a damaged M2P. That's the plan anyway.

I seem to have a small business running at the minute, buying broken DJI drones, fixing them and selling them on.?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard MichaelJ . . . I would lean towards either of the Mavic Pros simply because of flight time. The biggest gripe I here is battery life in the MA. It does (kinda) depend on what you are going to do with it. Good luck with your choice! This is the best place to get advice . . .

Ok. What about the camera and the size? Are they not too different to be a problem?

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Ok. What about the camera and the size? Are they not too different to be a problem?
Actually the MA has a higher bit rate (100mbs) but the MP's are not far off (92mbs). You and I wouldn't notice a difference. The M2P is the best being a 1" sensor. Better for night photos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost