DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello! New to Drones

dragos28

Reactions
Hey there, Name is Dragos.
Got a wild hair and decided to buy a DJI Mavic, got the fly more bundle.
Have flown a Phantom 4 once, for about 10 min and i loved it, i've bought my son a cheapie drone and that was fun, but also frustrating.

Purchased this drone with the intention of using the auto track function, taking action shots of my kids as they rides their quads & rzr, also water sports on the lake and the main reason, to take action shots of my off road adventures.

Hopefully it will arrive in a few days, meanwhile i'll be doing a lot of reading and watching videos to learn as much as i can and hopefully avoid all rookie mistakes.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: dragos28
thanks, are there any threads i should have a look at? or anything i should know that i may not find from just randomly reading threads.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

i've been doing some "shopping" are these things really necessary or good to have?
The remote controller stick guard is nice if you're going to store your remote controller in a bag. If you're using a case that has a dedicated remote controller compartment (like the Go Professional case), then you won't need a stick guard. I use the SKYREAT stick guard when I carry my remote controller in a bag. I like it because it holds the sticks in place without the need for a strap to secure the stick guard to the remote controller.

Extended landing gear are a nice to have item if you ever need to take off from surfaces that aren't completely flat (e.g. grass). Most places I fly have pavement nearby, so I don't use my landing gear much.

I've never tried a blade holder (or a velcro strap like some other people are using). When my Mavic is in a case/bag, I store it with the props off.

these filters are sweet... but are they really worth the price?
There are less expensive filters available. If interested, you can find a list of some other commonly used Mavic filters here.

Last edited:
Welcome Dragos, if you haven't already scroll thru the Mavic Pro Help section of this forum. Buying the DJI Care Refresh is also a great option for a little piece of mind in case something bad happens to the Mavic. Enjoy your Mavic when it arrives.

So, I initially purchased the Spark, but decided that I want the longer battery life and more features that the Mavic offers. So i quickly canceled my order and upgraded to the mavic.
However, I'm not seeing how to achieve some of the automated video features that the spark has. specifically, the helix shot.
Does the mavic have that feature?

However, I'm not seeing how to achieve some of the automated video features that the spark has. specifically, the helix shot.
Does the mavic have that feature?
No.

Is that right?
You could manually fly a helix flight path or use the POI flight mode to get a similar style shot. It's not going to be a true helix though.

ok, just saw a video on it. So i'm guessing i can set the POI flight mode on, then manually raise the altitude as it goes around, and back it up at the same time...

should have the same effect..

Is the mavic due for an update?

Got my mavic in today, all three batteries came almost drained and the remote was dead so i had to charge them, was impatient so i didnt charge them all the way to 100.

took it out for 10 min in beginner mode
then turned that off and played around my yard with it, i have 5 acres so plenty of room to play.

I need to upgrade the firmware, and maybe thats the problem. but the app continuously kept disconnecting from the drone, would say not connected. i could still control it with the remote but not within the app.

this would happen often, i'd land it and reconnect. Will the firmware update resolve this? Im using a Nexus 6p latest firmware.

Also, does the gimbal rotate left and right or is that only done with the drone?

Also, my phone has never ever been as hot as it was after flying the drone for 15 min. it was burning hot. is that normal?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots