DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help about no fly zone

495bigjoe

Reactions
Hey guys I’m new to the hobby.
I download the UVF forecast app.
I took a screen shot of it. I know it’s cold outside and it tells me NOT GOOD TO FLY
but is everything else ok. There is 1 helicopter and 1 seaplane near by. ???
46e48e6dc1d5e047036d493d6548f5ac.jpg

All of the dashboard can be configured in UAV forcast to show what you think is "good" including temperature range, so this is a quick view of the conditions based on how you set it up vs. default settings, not gospel. the 2 other items are warning you that there is restricted air space nearby, you would need to contact those two for courtesy, depending on your actual planned flight path.

I know it’s cold outside and it tells me NOT GOOD TO FLY
It's showing you it's not okay to fly due to your temperature setting.

Reactions: BD0G
Yup, any tile that is in RED will cause the app to report its unsafe to fly. Just FYI others have flow in down to -20 Fahrenheit. So it can be done if one makes sure the batteries used to fly are warm before flying. The battery will deplete much faster than when flying in warmer conditions.

Its a good idea to hover in place after take off to warm up the craft and battery.

All of the dashboard can be configured in UAV forcast to show what you think is "good" including temperature range, so this is a quick view of the conditions based on how you set it up vs. default settings, not gospel. the 2 other items are warning you that there is restricted air space nearby, you would need to contact those two for courtesy, depending on your actual planned flight path.

Thank you very much ! Any idea who I call ? I’m just flying my MavicAir in my yard no more than 30 ft. Thx

I live in Canada

The app isn’t saying you are in a NFZ. It’s advising you that there’s a couple of bases nearby. It’s advising you that it’s not good to fly because you have got the temperature settings set too high.
Go into the settings menu and lower the setting of the temperature to say -10 and you will be good to fly down to -10. Obviously if the temp drops to -11 then the warning will pop up again.
As for the heliport and seaplane bases, you can turn off the notifications for these in the settings menu as well if you live more than 0.6km away from one.
The heliport will be Hamilton Hospital, I’m not a heli pilot but I would think their approach and take off to be towards the Bay Area, away from populated areas in case of engine failure.
I don’t think you will have any trouble with the seaplane base as they normally take off over water, again away from populated areas.
ALSO. Configure the settings in the app to give you the wind speeds at the height you will be flying. I have mine set to tell me what the wind is like at 413feet, including gusts (I already know how windy it is at ground level cos I’m stood there). You don’t need warnings on upper airspace cos you aren’t flying at aircraft heights (or shouldn’t be). Just play around with the app settings and customise it for what you want it to warn you of.
Last but not least....If you are actually in a genuine NFZ, you won’t even be able to start the propellers let alone take off.
I’m at work at the moment, so here’s a screen shot of mine. It’s saying that it’s not good because the cloud cover is 100%, (my setting was 95% so I’ve changed that now) it’s saying that the wind speed is 9mph at 413feet but with gust of 31mph (I have the warning set at 20mph) so it’s actually good to fly as long as I’m aware that it’s very cloudy with occasional gusts of wind and check that I have sats locked.
Regards Brian
3a78dc5f0f4b445a3dabfc23ffd11fa3.jpg

Last edited:
The app isn’t saying you are in a NFZ. It’s advising you that there’s a couple of bases nearby. It’s advising you that it’s not good to fly because you have got the temperature settings set too high.
Go into the settings menu and lower the setting of the temperature to say -10 and you will be good to fly down to -10. Obviously if the temp drops to -11 then the warning will pop up again.
As for the heliport and seaplane bases, you can turn off the notifications for these in the settings menu as well if you live more than 0.6km away from one.
The heliport will be Hamilton Hospital, I’m not a heli pilot but I would think their approach and take off to be towards the Bay Area, away from populated areas in case of engine failure.
I don’t think you will have any trouble with the seaplane base as they normally take off over water, again away from populated areas.
ALSO. Configure the settings in the app to give you the wind speeds at the height you will be flying. I have mine set to tell me what the wind is like at 413feet, including gusts (I already know how windy it is at ground level cos I’m stood there). You don’t need warnings on upper airspace cos you aren’t flying at aircraft heights (or shouldn’t be). Just play around with the app settings and customise it for what you want it to warn you of.
Last but not least....If you are actually in a genuine NFZ, you won’t even be able to start the propellers let alone take off.
I’m at work at the moment, so here’s a screen shot of mine. It’s saying that it’s not good because the cloud cover is 100%, (my setting was 95% so I’ve changed that now) it’s saying that the wind speed is 9mph at 413feet but with gust of 31mph (I have the warning set at 20mph) so it’s actually good to fly as long as I’m aware that it’s very cloudy with occasional gusts of wind and check that I have sats locked.
Regards Brian
3a78dc5f0f4b445a3dabfc23ffd11fa3.jpg

Thank you very much Brian for clarifying that. I was kind of thinking the same thing.
I did not understand why the helicopter or sea plane would prevent me from flying my drone. I live on the Hamilton Mountain, far enough from the sea plane or the helicopter base.
I can understand if I was close to the Hamilton airport, but I’m not.
Just need to fly with common sense and be safe.

If you allow your drone and batteries to be stored inside your nice warm house and don't allow the batteries to be exposed to the -3 C for any longer than necessary, you should have nearly normal battery performance as the drone and batteries will generate heat as you fly. When cold, the chemical reaction within a LIPO battery cell that produces the needed voltage, will be reduced shortening your flight times.

You are in the NFZ of the seaplane base but outside of the hospital teleport one. The temp is not a problem I have flown down to -35C isn't an issue!
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka