DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! App crashes when run through controller

hockeypop98

Reactions
Problem?
I can fly MA using only app, and the controller pairs to the drone and works without phone but when I hit GoFly on phone attached to controller, camera screen opens for a millisecond. Then crashes

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
I updated all firmware and geofence maps, and have repeatedly tried rebooting phone, restarting drone, and checked to see if drone can fly only on app (yes) and only with controller (yes)

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Aircraft: 1.00.0620
Controller: Unknown. App closes every time I hit GoFly if I have the controller and app paired

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?
(if so what)
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
N/A
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No

By the lack of responses, I'm guessing that my problem isn't something simple that I'm not doing, that this is a matter for a repair shop.

Can anyone recommend someplace known for quality electronics repair that I can take this in the area of southwestern Ohio? I'd prefer to take it to a brick and mortar location than to ship it somewhere.

Ohio Drone repair? I dont live in Ohio but googled the area you asked for. They have 5 stars.

Problem?
I can fly MA using only app, and the controller pairs to the drone and works without phone but when I hit GoFly on phone attached to controller, camera screen opens for a millisecond. Then crashes

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
I updated all firmware and geofence maps, and have repeatedly tried rebooting phone, restarting drone, and checked to see if drone can fly only on app (yes) and only with controller (yes)

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Aircraft: 1.00.0620
Controller: Unknown. App closes every time I hit GoFly if I have the controller and app paired

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?
(if so what)
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
N/A
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No
I did not reply because I really did not understand the issue. If I got you right, your problem is with the DJI GO4 app. If i was in your position I would try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would try installing it on a different phone. A repair shop can hardly help you with a software issue; they might but there are plenty of troubleshooting steps you can take by yourself before resorting to that option.

Also, are you using the correct app? DJI GO and DJI GO4 are different.

Thanks, reinstalling the app totally slipped my mind. I will be extremely happy if I can get this working for whenever the sun comes back from hiding! I'll give that a try as soon as I get home (mom comes first today!?).

I'm using the Go4 app. A friend suggested I also uninstall Air Map and UAV Forecast and try it after reinstalling DJI Go4 without them installed, though I don't think they could be part of the issue. But hey, I'll try anything if it saves me a repair bill! I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks everyone, especially @Doppler! The reinstall cleared up the issue! I'm glad we've got resources like this available for times like these when my brain looks for a complicated solution to a problem I've magnified beyond what it is.

You all are top-tier in my book!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark