DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP - Broken arm and battery cover

Dracarys

Reactions
Hi guys, I just crashed my mini 2 and I would like to rear your opinion, my baby broke his left rear leg and the battery cover.

Should I try to replace the broken parts myself? Where can I get original parts??? 🤷‍♀️

OR

Should I get it repaired by DJI ???

Any idea how much will it cost????

Hi guys, I just crashed my mini 2 and I would like to rear your opinion, my baby broke his left rear leg and the battery cover.

Should I try to replace the broken parts myself? Where can I get original parts??? 🤷‍♀️

OR

Should I get it repaired by DJI ???

Any idea how much will it cost????
If you have experience in soldering, the arm should be a fairly easy replacement. However, the soldering joints are really small so you'll need a fine-tipped soldering iron. If you have no experience, I'd definitely suggest sending it in to DJI. The battery cover is a very easy replacement but you'll need a precision screwdriver set. Just take off the top cover and put it in. The screws are deep inside so you'll need a screwdriver set with a long tip. If you do decide to replace the parts yourself, OEM parts can be gotten on eBay. They're from original drones that have been either wrecked and parts salvaged, or complete drones disassembled so that people can buy spare parts. The arm should be around $20-30 and the battery cover an additional $10. Here are two links to each. Battery cover and Left rear arm replacement

If you have experience in soldering, the arm should be a fairly easy replacement. However, the soldering joints are really small so you'll need a fine-tipped soldering iron. If you have no experience, I'd definitely suggest sending it in to DJI. The battery cover is a very easy replacement but you'll need a precision screwdriver set. Just take off the top cover and put it in. The screws are deep inside so you'll need a screwdriver set with a long tip. If you do decide to replace the parts yourself, OEM parts can be gotten on eBay. They're from original drones that have been either wrecked and parts salvaged, or complete drones disassembled so that people can buy spare parts. The arm should be around $20-30 and the battery cover an additional $10. Here are two links to each. Battery cover and Left rear arm replacement
Do you think after it get fixed by DJI it will be reliable or never will be the same?

Do you think after it get fixed by DJI it will be reliable or never will be the same?
When you send it in to DJI for repair, they send you a new drone so yes, it will be literally as good as new. 😁

Reactions: Dracarys
if you go to -

and enter your currency, drone make and model, a list of components and their replacement costs will pop up, along with the service fees.

Reactions: Dracarys
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu