DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help confirm (non) return to home behavior Mavic Air 2

marshall_LAWZ

Reactions
I had a dirty Usb port on my phone. This caused a rc disconnect error but the controls still work. I press the return to home on the remote and NOTHING happens.

Can someone confirm these steps?

1. get airborn and set home point.
2. pull the usb cord to your phone. Confirm the control sticks on your remote still work.
3. press the Return to home button on your remote.

Did it return to home?

Thanks
-Marshall

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-164712.png
    Screenshot_20200712-164712.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I had a dirty Usb port on my phone. This caused a rc disconnect error but the controls still work. I press the return to home on the remote and NOTHING happens.

2. pull the usb cord to your phone. Confirm the control sticks on your remote still work.

Did it return to home?

Thanks
-Marshall
@marshall_LAWZ are you aware that the RTH button on the RC has two functions a quick press and it pauses the drone untill you give it another quick press to cancel
and then a press and hold till the RTH bleeping has started and then it will come back home, this is different to the original RCs on earlier mavs ,that had two buttons one for RTH and one for Pause

@marshall_LAWZ are you aware that the RTH button on the RC has two functions a quick press and it pauses the drone untill you give it another quick press to cancel
and then a press and hold till the RTH bleeping has started and then it will come back home, this is different to the original RCs on earlier mavs ,that had two buttons one for RTH and one for Pause

oh wow I was unaware. This caused me quite a scare this weekend when i was quite far up a mountain. I'm going to try this now. thank you!

1. You should wait for the drone to acquire GPS before launching.
The drone will set it's home point by itself
2. That's unnecessary.
If you have signal, the controller will always control the drone, whether the phone is connected or not.

Reactions: 19jdog

Did it return to home?

Thanks
-Marshall
Did you read the manual before you did your first flight?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143