DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP Corrupt Mavic File

WNYC939

Reactions
I think I may have accidentally turned off my Mavic before stopping the recording, and now my last video file is corrupt. It's an MOV file shot at 2720x1530 at 23.98 fps.

When I try to open it, I get QuickTime Player can't open “DJI_0003.MOV”.

I tried using Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files, but all I get are random colors and lines when it plays, as seen here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. I've also tried Video Repair Software | Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions with no luck. You can see a sliver of footage at the top which gives me some hope.

Not sure if there are any other options, but I'd appreciate any help.

I think I may have accidentally turned off my Mavic before stopping the recording, and now my last video file is corrupt. It's an MOV file shot at 2720x1530 at 23.98 fps.

When I try to open it, I get QuickTime Player can't open “DJI_0003.MOV”.

I tried using Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files, but all I get are random colors and lines when it plays, as seen here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. I've also tried Video Repair Software | Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions with no luck. You can see a sliver of footage at the top which gives me some hope.

Not sure if there are any other options, but I'd appreciate any help.
Simply place the SD card back in the Mavic and start another test recording.
Record for about 30 seconds, then stop. This should close the file that was corrupted. It should play as normal after this.
If this doesn't work, then there could very well be a issue with the file itself.
Good luck:cool:.

Reactions: FastOldGuy
Simply place the SD card back in the Mavic and start another test recording.
Record for about 30 seconds, then stop. This should close the file that was corrupted. It should play as normal after this.
If this doesn't work, then there could very well be a issue with the file itself.
Good luck:cool:.

Thank you so much! This fixed it. You're a life saver!

I tried using Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files ("djifix"), but all I get are random colors and lines when it plays

(FYI, I'm the author of the "djifix" software.)
In the future, if this happens to you, then you probably entered the wrong video format code (when you were asked for this). Try again with one of the other format codes.

(People are often mistaken about the exact format in which their videos were recorded.)

(FYI, I'm the author of the "djifix" software.)
In the future, if this happens to you, then you probably entered the wrong video format code (when you were asked for this). Try again with one of the other format codes.

(People are often mistaken about the exact format in which their videos were recorded.)
I am trying to recover two files with djifix. I get a message that the file can be fixed, but then djifix exits. How do I get the actual repair?
Thanks!

Screendump.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka