DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Cracked camera lens on Mavic Air? Easy fix?

Fishsean

Reactions
Anyone know how I can fix my camera lens or wher to buy a repair kit.
The camera looks good when flying but the camera lens is cracked 1/2 way.

It is removable. Unscrew it. Then get thunderdrones involved.

It is removable. Unscrew it. Then get thunderdrones involved.
That's the actual camera lens. The Mavic Air camera does not have a removable UV filter. It's just an empty ring.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Opps. Now that you mentioned that, I recall just the ring.

Here are some options:
  • Buy a replacement camera here on Amazon and swap out your camera
  • Buy a replacement camera shell here on Amazon and swap out your camera shell
  • If your Mavic Air is still under warranty, send your Mavic Air to DJI or an DJI service center (so you don't void your warranty)
  • If your Mavic Air is no longer under warranty, you can send it to any trusted repair shop that works on Mavic Airs

"The camera looks good when flying but the camera lens is cracked 1/2 way "

If the crack is not actually affecting the camera footage, just fit a UV filter to cover the unsightly and carry on flying until it does affect it.

I've removed filter and successfully put 3rd party filter.

I met the same issue. My Mavic Air original filter had a 1/2 crack on it and it affected photo results.
After struggling to remove original filter for a hour. I accidentally broke the filter and it helped to remove it.

First, by gently and carefully push the center of the crack with sharp object such as small driver.
The filter will be easily break. You make the hole larger and larger then you will remove whole filter away.

Then put 3rd party filter on the outer rim.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I've removed filter and successfully put 3rd party filter.

I met the same issue. My Mavic Air original filter had a 1/2 crack on it and it affected photo results.
After struggling to remove original filter for a hour. I accidentally broke the filter and it helped to remove it.

First, by gently and carefully push the center of the crack with sharp object such as small driver.
The filter will be easily break. You make the hole larger and larger then you will remove whole filter away.

Then put 3rd party filter on the outer rim.
So your saying just crack mine more, break it out and put a filter on it?
I have ND filters.
Is that what I should do?

So your saying just crack mine more, break it out and put a filter on it?
I have ND filters.
Is that what I should do?
Yes. That's what I did.
You have to be sure that the broken one is the protective filter not actual lens.
This flat piece of glass is the filter. You have actual lens inside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S