Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP: Flight Record Storage Limit Reached

Jug's Life

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Flight Storage.jpg

Ive tried deleting cache, formatting, resetting. It comes up no matter what. Suggestions? Stating the obvious. Yes Its connected to my wifi and working.

Are these something that have to be maintained somewhere? Can they just be deleted?

Reactions: Jug's Life
Are these the flight records on your device or your drone? Do you sync any flight records with DJI?

Are these the flight records on your device or your drone? Do you sync any flight records with DJI?
They are in sync. My records are up to date everywhere, but this pop up comes up everytime.

Reactions: JmsWms
Ahh I don't normally sync but as a consequence of some recent experiments I found that syncing can seemingly create copies of logs in various places in the App. Those might have been downloads from DJI of logs that were missing from the phone. "Missing" logs might have included logs that I had renamed which were seen as being missing.
I deleted the copies and probably deleted the folders that had contained them.
From memory I found them by using a computer to search the phone for "DJIFlightRecord".

If you are using a smart controller of some type I do not know if you can do such a search

Yup I always have an SD card in it on the off chance I forgot to put one back in the drone. Ive tried with and without sd card. Maybe next update itll be patched.

I had that happen to me. Had a chat with DJI and the chap walked me through syncing the flight records, then deleting the local copies. Don't remember offhand how it's done, but it was pretty simple. It did require that my RC Controller be online while doing it (through my home wifi).

So my suggestion is have an online chat with DJI and have them walk you through it, if you haven't figured it out by Monday. (Online chat isn't available on the weekend.)

Same problem here. Also with the RC. Mine just started this a couple of days ago. Never have seen it before. I've always synced with DJI.
Im sure its an easy fix. Strange thing I just found trying to fix this is a way to load the google play store but it wont recognize the dji rc controller as a device it can install apps to.

Reactions: JmsWms
On the DJI RC flight records are stored in internal memory only.
Adding an SD card makes no difference.

When you connect the DJI RC to a (windows) computer you will see the flightlogs stored in "Internal shared memory"

To sync your flightrecords to DJI (the cloud) you have to enable "Auto Flight Record Backup" in the "Flight Data Center", AND the DJI RC has to be connected to the internet.
Then this message should never appear.

Screenshot_20230310-211113.png

If you don't want to sync your flightrecords to the cloud (DJI),
preserve all your flightlogs by copying them regurarly to an external device like your computer or SD card.
However you can NOT copy them back to the DJI RC !!
Then delete some to make room again.

You can copy them to a smart device (phone/tablet) and then view them all in the DJI Fly app installed on that device.

These are the folders where you should copy them to:
\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord
\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords

Smart devices have plenty of storage room to store all your flight records for years to come.

I don't know how to do this on iOS devices (if possible).

Last edited:
Thanks I chatted with DJI and they had a similar solution. Thanks for your response, good info!

Today, I too kept getting the same prompt on DJI RC. Since I am perfectly fine with keeping my flight data on the cloud, I opted to clearing my cache.

It worked just fine.

To do that, on your opening screen, tap on 'Profile', tap 'Settings', then tap on 'Clear Cache' for Flight Record Storage.

You will be good as new.

Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus