DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help for an indoor workshop shot

BaoRozzo

Reactions
Hi, quite new to this world.
I have a mavic mini, a mavic air and a mavic 2 pro.
A friend asked me to film inside his workshop for advertising reasons, i agreed.
Since his workshop is made of metal and concrete and has people working inside, that would eventually have their own mobile phones (so it could be possibly noisy wi-fi), what do you suggest to avoid problems?

i think ocusync 2 for the mavic 2 pro should help.
But...
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I’m asking just to be prepared at my best.

Hi, quite new to this world.
I have a mavic mini, a mavic air and a mavic 2 pro.
A friend asked me to film inside his workshop for advertising reasons, i agreed.
Since his workshop is made of metal and concrete and has people working inside, that would eventually have their own mobile phones (so it could be possibly noisy wi-fi), what do you suggest to avoid problems?

i think ocusync 2 for the mavic 2 pro should help.
But...
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I’m asking just to be prepared at my best.
With flying a drone indoors you loose certain abilities including GPS and the drone can be affected by whats around it. Planning what you are going to do and 'walking the flight path' may help understand what you might encounter. I guess height is also an issue but if you can do it with a video camera and a gimble this may be an option. Also ask your friend what he wants and is expecting it will give you a better understanding of what you can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaoRozzo
I've shot photos and video in my shop with both a Spark and a Mavic Air. Definitely a walk through first is a good idea and if you have propeller guards use them. You need to assume that the GPS will work sporadically at best but your vision position sensors should help you but you'll need to make sure that it's bright inside. Be prepared for Attitude Mode and the aircraft drifting. Turn off the ventilation system, bigger commercial units can cause some powerful air currents. Think about having workers there and consider that the Mini would be much less dangerous if things go wrong(and a lot less tragic and less expensive the a M2P). Try flying in there when it's unoccupied first to test everything out.
One more thing to remember is that your aircraft will "be attracted to" the building structure around it if you get too close. You'll notice it kind of "sucking" itself against the walls or ceiling.
Good luck, this is totally doable. Just practice when no one is around first so when you're actually going to do the shoot you can nail it.

Reactions: BaoRozzo
Thanks for the replies guys!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143