DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: how would I get the best videos from mavic 2 pro (DLog) with least effort?

hqm

Reactions
I am trying to decide between the Mavic 2 zoom or Pro. I've seen examples of wizardry people do with color grading with DLog video, but I don't have much time to play with video processing, and am wondering if there is a free and relatively 'turn key' way to process those videos. I have a macbook pro, and don't want to do any fancy video editing, just correct the color to something nice and press a button and get a video.

Is there some tool that just does this kind of basic transform? If not, I'm probably better off with the zoom...

Easiest is not to shoot DLOG and use ND filters and the setting to get the color and sharpness you want. I have shot some really good looking footage at 1080P60 with the right lighting.

iMovie supports H.265 but it is processor intensive to color correct DLOG. Devinci is Free also. You can download LUTs for programs that support it but again you have to reencode it. Some people do not convert it back to H.265 and just upload large 10GB files to youtube and let YouTube do the compression. Honestly, not many people will not appreciate anything over 1080P anyway since most watch from their phones/tablets. I use these guys LUTs for drop in color correction.

I am trying to decide between the Mavic 2 zoom or Pro. I've seen examples of wizardry people do with color grading with DLog video, but I don't have much time to play with video processing, and am wondering if there is a free and relatively 'turn key' way to process those videos. I have a macbook pro, and don't want to do any fancy video editing, just correct the color to something nice and press a button and get a video.

Is there some tool that just does this kind of basic transform? If not, I'm probably better off with the zoom...

It’s actually really easy you just apply a LUT. Mavic 2 D-Log LUT - Google Drive

Mavic 2 D-LOG LUT user guide

If you have Adobe media encoder you can even apply the LUT directly without even opening the video file

If you use primmer pro there is a presets on colour correction set it up beautiful one press of button

Use iMovie and then apply auto color correction. Most of time time color grading is trying to make sure my manual color grade is at least as good as iMovies auto color

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000