DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help. Images washed out (too bright)

MarkO

Reactions
Not a photographer, so no idea what I did to my Mavic settings and now all the photos are washed and/or bright.

Any help appreciated!Mavic washed out.jpg

For photos, you can usually get good results by shooting in auto mode. You can find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Camera-Auto-Mode.jpg

Reactions: RobP62
You've probably accidentally set it to overexpose by turning the wheel on the top right of the controller. On the main screen, look at your camera settings and see if the figure under EV is showing a + sign......if it is, turn the wheel anti clockwise to bring it back to zero. (You have to do this when everything is connected and turned on).

Mess with the right-hand wheel until that little number next to "EV" says "0."
The higher it goes above 0, the lighter the picture will look, and the more below 0 it goes, the darker the result.

AEB capture mode is a good demo of this- if you take a picture with that, it'll take your photo at the exposure you've set, then quickly take it again at EV +0.7 (lighter) and EV -0.7 (darker), which can give you a decent idea of what EV works best for which light level, if you're curious.

You've probably accidentally set it to overexpose by turning the wheel on the top right of the controller. On the main screen, look at your camera settings and see if the figure under EV is showing a + sign......if it is, turn the wheel anti clockwise to bring it back to zero. (You have to do this when everything is connected and turned on).
Great

Great tip. It worked for me. Thanks for sharing.

I just sent my Mavic for repairs so I can't tell you exactly where this setting is located but there's a setting that says something like "Overexposure Warning" or "Overexposure Alert."

It outlines any areas that are overexposed, live, right on your monitor image.

If I remember correctly it's a dashed line that surrounds the area that is too bright.

I just sent my Mavic for repairs so I can't tell you exactly where this setting is located but there's a setting that says something like "Overexposure Warning" or "Overexposure Alert."

It outlines any areas that are overexposed, live, right on your monitor image.

If I remember correctly it's a dashed line that surrounds the area that is too bright.
Thank you

Unfortunately, I can relate to this issue. All kinds of advice on settings and it never occurred to anyone advising me that the product was faulty.

I rid myself of the Mavic Pro after a solid about 1 1/2 years of fighting with it for decent footage and pictures. It was a horrible experience and it never occurred to me to simply use the warranty and send it in for repair. To this day, I believe the sensor was faulty. P2, P3A, Mavic Air...no problems and fantastic images and footage. However, the Mavic Pro was not my friend.

Yes, I am dying to see the new Mavic July 2018 (now delayed). I will go with the law of averages and expect it to work flawlessly. I just want to point out, sometimes the drone can have a one-off flaw and by the time you recognize its not operator error, it can be too late for warranty repair. Get hold of customer service ASAP. I am certain they would prefer happy customers.

Using the Histogram could help get the exposure right.

Is there a way to look into a "camera log" to see what happened? Where can I find and decode the log?

No camera log but if you look at the advanced properties of the picture files on a pc you should be able to see the shutter setting and iso value that the picture was taken at along with date, time and gps coordinate.

Reactions: _gg_
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura