DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help increasing Battery Capacity mAh!!!

marcini

Reactions
Guys I need some of you wisdom to help me increase the battery capacity (mAh) on DJI GO app to compensate for my additional battery, pictures attached
IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0754.JPG

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
It already looks like one haha. Almost 40mins in the air with this setup but the battery level drops to 0% in around 20 mins

Attachments

• IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 205
It already looks like one haha. Almost 40mins in the air with this setup but the battery level drops to 0% in around 20 mins

Care to share your Airdata link to a flight with this battery?

more detailed pics of that battery. It looks like you only have the two batteries hooked up to one board, it seems like it's only going to notice one battery, similar to when you run externals off the main

Reactions: cammy200
Maybe you need to make some setting change in the software, like the mod for the height limit removed. Hope someone on the forum can help you to get this done.

I want to get a solid distance flight and see how much actual flight time i'm gonna get, once I do I'll post times, but right now it's scary because after 20mins it drops to 0% and I have to fly by looking at voltage, when it drops to about 9volts it wants to land and it gets wobbly

I want to get a solid distance flight and see how much actual flight time i'm gonna get, once I do I'll post times, but right now it's scary because after 20mins it drops to 0% and I have to fly by looking at voltage, when it drops to about 9volts it wants to land and it gets wobbly

I had the same issue on the P3 and could never figure out how to increase the mAh in the App...Consider yourself lucky it stays in the air after it hits 0% because the P3 wouldn't...I got used to relying on cell voltage. you can have it display on the main screen...

In my experience, most apps that determine those values don't actually sense the value; they are preset and hard coded in the app itself. I haven't actually verified this myself on go 4 though, just offering some experience from past projects. Former Chief Electronics Tech.

In my experience, most apps that determine those values don't actually sense the value; they are preset and hard coded in the app itself. I haven't actually verified this myself on go 4 though, just offering some experience from past projects. Former Chief Electronics Tech.

Agreed... i only had access to flight parameter file in both the phantom and the go app and it wasn't there at least that i could find...If I was to guess its in the battery FW but that was encrypted...

Are you able to charge all 6 cells even though only 1 of the balance leads is hooked up?

Not to be lazy but can you share the link to the exact post you are referring too...There's quite a few pages on that thread..

Last edited:
That value isn't regulated in the app, it's regulated on the battery IC. I can't remember the chip number but you can check the datasheet on the larger of the 2 IC's on the board and see the 190something page datasheet that explains how it determines the total capacity over time. In order to change it requires hacking directly into the battery IC parameters which I haven't the slightest clue how to do. If you find out, let me know. I have 2 batteries that are locked due to a "permanent fail" flag on the IC. One due to a quick submersion in water that did not actually kill the battery, it just threw about 10 problem flags at once that I can't reset now.

Hello everyone hacking IC is a bit difficult! but I have another suggestion,Instead you should provide a bypass facility so that battery1 power is routed to the Mavic to power it, but when the power is low its turns off the battery1 and battery2 provides further the power to the Mavic. in simple words, a digital battery switch. And the switch should be placed between the battery and smart battery board so theoretically you would get all the data from the battery2 shown on app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143