DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[HELP] Loss Of video in the App

majaribio

Reactions
Guys, I went to a new location today. Its about 5 miles from the nearest town and about 2 miles form the nearest village. Its basically in the middle of no where, no buildings, a single track road etc, you get the idea.

Whilst flying today although only for a short time as typically the wind picked up as I arrived, my app stated there was Wi-Fi interference. A few moments later the app stopped showing the live video but all other functions worked, just a black screen (all controls were showing and usable). I got the drone closer but it never regained a video link.

I landed the Mavic, restarted the drone, controller and App. It all worked as expected but again shortly after I lost the video link again.

Any ideas as I can not imagine Wi-Fi interference was the issue?

Reactions: smg2015
Do you have an IOS or Android device? As I have been reading many posts for a while, this happens to Android more than IOS devices. Another thing is Power Lines and Cell Towers. Or if you are in Sedona around those Crazy Vortexes, then you may be screwed! LOL

iOS - Was an iPhone 6 with DJI Go 4. Just had a look on Google earth and there are no power lines (its on the edge of a nature reserve), no cell towers that I can see etc, just sporadic trees and heathland as far as the eye can see.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Make sure antennas were out and pointing up, best when at 90 degree, flat sides facing the MP, should work well even if its not perfect.

Go into the HD settings, and look at the graph, see if you see any interference, try changing some settings, like go to manual, try bandwidth to 10. I've seen someone having issues like this with an Inspire 2, after changing the video downlink settings, all the sudden everything worked well, even going back to default automatic, just stop having troubles, worth a shot.

Reactions: majaribio
I had the same thing happen yesterday -(although without the Wi-Fi interference message)- just a black screen after switching from live screen to map view, and back again. Closing the app and re-starting it while the Mavic was still in the air brought the live screen back again. No idea what the cause is.

Reactions: Soundtekk
I've had the Mavic for about a month now and I've been experiencing the same issue for about a week now (it's probably happened four or five times now). I am using an iPhone 6 Plus (OS, Mavic and app are all up to date). I lose video and can't get it back until I restart everything. I've tried closing the app and/or shutting down the drone but I can only regain a video feed after restarting every thing. During the loss of video I still have flight control, just no video. Fortunately, this usually happens on the ground. Today I flew for ten or fifteen minutes (furthest point was about 1,500 ft (450 m) away) and had no problems. But when I brought it back and landed, I almost immediately lost video and could not regain it. Makes me a little nervous...

I'm experiencing the same issue, except I have not yet tried flying my mavic with the black screen to see if it will work again. The lost video "black screen" is annoying to troubleshoot! Have you got a solution since your issue started?

How are you connecting your phone with the RC? With the supplied short cable and to the left micro USB connector? If so, remove the short cable and try to connect your phone with a different USB cable to the port in the middle of the RC.

Just a thought ...

Thanks for your reply and help. I did the above, and it still is giving me a black screen. I have also downgraded the firmware and also upgraded again, and still nothing. It flies perfectly fine today, sensors works, obstacle avoidance works... just a black screen on my camera. I reset the camera, as well as recalibrated, and still nothing. hmmmm... any thoughts please let me know. Don't want to have to buy a new camera/gimbal assembly or even take to dji as i know it takes forever for repairs and charges a lot.

Thanks for your reply and help. I did the above, and it still is giving me a black screen. I have also downgraded the firmware and also upgraded again, and still nothing. It flies perfectly fine today, sensors works, obstacle avoidance works... just a black screen on my camera. I reset the camera, as well as recalibrated, and still nothing. hmmmm... any thoughts please let me know. Don't want to have to buy a new camera/gimbal assembly or even take to dji as i know it takes forever for repairs and charges a lot.

Hi there,

Any progress with your black screen issues ? I have the same problem started few days ago in the areas that I used to fly without any issues.
I have been trying to find a solution but still can't resolve it.

I have tried on both iOS and Android and the screen blackout on both.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chris

I have tried 3 different Apple Devices and 2 Android at different connection points, but still getting the black screen. I have also formatted SD card and reinstalled the firmware, with no change, showing disconnected at random times. once at over 5000 feet out, very scary to loose everything at that distance. but thanks to the remote having the distance tracker I was able to tell when I was fying back to my location... my Go Home feature didn't even work.. this is really turning me against the mavic.. my inspire and phantoms are not doing this using the same phones and tablets..

I have contacted DJI support and here is what they suggest :

1. factory reset via the DJI Assistant 2.

2. firmware refresh via DJI Assistant 2.

3. Manual relinking of aircraft and remote controller.

4. IMU calibration.

5. Gimbal calibration.

6. Compass calibration.

It is night now in Sydney, I can only try to fly tomorrow morning after the above steps

Reactions: Scrappy
I have been having the same issue for two months. It started working for a week or so and now it is back to black screen. I have tried several phones and tablets (all Android) cables, etc..

Now the app wont even connect with the Mavic on two of the phones I have used since Feb.
I have loaded and reloaded everything so many times my isp might charge me for extra data.

Tech support solution is get a new phone.

Well this happened to me drone started going straight up in air . I managed to stop the ascent but it drifted into a tree where it now is a permanent feature. I stood watching its red light flashing around 70 feet in the air to become a permanent feature
Broken hearted

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost