DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Mavic arrived can't try app won't activate

freewheel

Reactions
My Mavic Pro arrived yesterday, couldn't wait to activate and fly, but when I get to the Go 4 app 'activate drone with DJI' stage it just hangs on my iPhone 6+. Argh!!

Is there a preferred way of doing first set up guys?? I didn't see anything about the order to turn things on, I've got MP set to wifi. Connected wifi on iPhone, RC connector on (but keeps flashing connecting?)

Help VERY much appreciated. I have previously been flying a P2 for last 4 yrs, very simple start up compared to this :}

Freewheel (UK)

OK thing I was doing wrong was this:

1. I had not watched the DVI video:
2. I had wifi on on my iPhone 6+ and had connected to the Mavic, which is why controller wouldn't connect. I needed to be in RC MODE
3. Sport mode was switched to ON, should be OFF

When I tried the sequence in the video using RC mode, the controller connected immediately, I kept wifi OFF on the iphone and relied on 4G signal, I re-entered my DJI password on the activate screen, and HEY PRESTO! All good.

Now it's doing an update. So thanks anyway, and I look forward to posting my findings.

Someone elses Inspire just flew over my house. Saturday's mean crowded skies round here!

I have same problem, the remote control still connecting and won't be able to communicate with aircraft. I use iPhone, which apps do you use?

OK thing I was doing wrong was this:

1. I had not watched the DVI video:
2. I had wifi on on my iPhone 6+ and had connected to the Mavic, which is why controller wouldn't connect. I needed to be in RC MODE
3. Sport mode was switched to ON, should be OFF

When I tried the sequence in the video using RC mode, the controller connected immediately, I kept wifi OFF on the iphone and relied on 4G signal, I re-entered my DJI password on the activate screen, and HEY PRESTO! All good.

Now it's doing an update. So thanks anyway, and I look forward to posting my findings.

Someone elses Inspire just flew over my house. Saturday's mean crowded skies round here!

Thanx! --I thought I was going crazy trying to figure it out (i.e., I, too, stalled at the final 'activation' sequence...) I'll try it as you did and hope to connect also...

Thought I'd share what worked for me after I experienced the same problem. Several times I pressed the activation button and it the button remained grey, not finishing the process. The fix was selecting my user name, then entering my password for DJI on the next page. After that I selected the default options to continue through the process and the activation worked. Apparently the key was entering my DJI password so the application could recognize my account in the activation process.

The controller signal can and often does blow out your wifi signal.
When I tried to activate by bird a few years ago, that was the issue, and my neighbor had the same issue a few months ago.
Turned off home wifi, went with a LAN cable to PC and all was good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929