DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

*Help* Mavic disconnecting from app after 1-2 minutes of flight each time.

SunnyD

Reactions
This problem started about 6 months ago for me, after 1-2 minutes of flight (in either GO4 or Litchi) it disconnects from the app. thankfully, I still have controller telemetry and VLOS and can navigate back. first time it happened I was at about 1,000' out, so I thought distance was the problem (though that shouldn't be too far for a Mavic). I've recently had it happen as close as 30', and today it happened at around 300'. all different locations. has only happened using regular GPS mode flight, not an intelligent flight mode.
most recent firmware and software, iPhone XR. I've recently deleted and reinstalled all flight apps. when it disconnects, I kill the app and it still doesn't reconnect, if I launch the other flight app (GO4 to litchi or vice versa) it won't connect to that either.
I don't know how to upload flight logs, but I sure could use some help here. thanks pros!

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Have you tried using a different cable?
^^This, and also check the port on your phone to make sure there is no lint or other obstruction in there preventing a solid connection.

I have not tried a different cable, that’s a simple fix I didn’t think about. I’ll see if I have one or will order one. I’ll upload a flight log as soon as I’m able.

I have not tried a different cable, that’s a simple fix I didn’t think about. I’ll see if I have one or will order one...
If you are not already using it, you can use the USB data cable that came with your phone. Unplug any cable from the side of the RC.

Not sure if this link will be it or not.

This is a Litchi log from a few weeks ago, the GO4 log folder won't let me select it in iTunes, only the Litchi ones for whatever reason.

I did order a new cable yesterday, but will try a charging cable.

Is there a specific cable? What’s the exact name and or link to best cable?
Thanks

Sorry. I typically use an android tablet.
So same, just a good usb to whatever device.
I’m confused with “charging or non charging” cables etc..
Question:eek:n my tablet holder, the plastic nut that tightens mount broke ages ago. I put a steel hose clamp to secure it. Would that cause any interference with the remote controller or cable since it’s so close?

I ordered, waited for and today tried a new micro USB to lightning cable today and didn’t have any issues (other than high wind) on my 10 min flight.
I will keep a spare lightning to regular USB in there as well if that works.
Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Thomas B
Took the new cable out again today, same issue(s) as before: disconnects, no visual, controller still works.
I tried making sure cable was secure, unplugging, replugging in, using the old cable; no luck.
I guess I can keep trying cables, but could it be the jack or something else?
I’ll try to upload the flight log later this week.

@ SunnyD:
RC charged at 100% ?
Iphone charged at 80% or better ?

I do experience such issues with my device (S7 Edge) when the smartphone doesn't have high bat level.

If I were you i would just try with another device (Iphone or Android) to check.
On my side I suspect OTG protocol disconnections caused by insufficient voltage. Using display at maximum brightness and running DJigo4 sucks a lot of energy...

Reactions: chazzm
^^^ yep, everything is sufficiently powered up. I've flown multiple DJI drones with multiple iPhones, and never had this issue. I probably could at least test my Mavic with my iPad Pro, but I'd have to put it on a table or something, a 12.9" tablet isn't ideal on top of a controller.

Ok, flew in my back yard 10 mins ago, everything was great: same phone, new cable. same exact setup that failed repeatedly yesterday.
here's the flight log:

It said I was in a restricted zone, which appears to be an unmanned rural airport. do they have jammers of some sort? since I've had this problem repeatedly, it seems unlikely that I would happen to be near a rural, unmanned airport with UAS jamming technology unknowingly nearly every time. but maybe...?

Make sure it is not a charging only cable.

I’ve seen many pilots make this very same error! Not all cables are DATA also cables!!! A lot of them are CHARGING ONLY! Bad news is some cable manufacturers don’t list this on their products!!!

I’d carefully clean your connection ports! Sometimes lint etc will cause problems like this! I’ve had to clean my mini iPad and iPhone ports twice in a 2 year period! All kinds of crap ca build up in these ports! Just be very careful about it! On my post earlier on cables if it’s a charge only cable it won’t work from the get go!!! So that’s not the issue, but I’ve seen good data/charge cables with some wear or broken wires cause this! I always keep several data/charge cables in my case for spares!!

This problem started about 6 months ago for me, after 1-2 minutes of flight (in either GO4 or Litchi) it disconnects from the app. thankfully, I still have controller telemetry and VLOS and can navigate back. first time it happened I was at about 1,000' out, so I thought distance was the problem (though that shouldn't be too far for a Mavic). I've recently had it happen as close as 30', and today it happened at around 300'. all different locations. has only happened using regular GPS mode flight, not an intelligent flight mode.
most recent firmware and software, iPhone XR. I've recently deleted and reinstalled all flight apps. when it disconnects, I kill the app and it still doesn't reconnect, if I launch the other flight app (GO4 to litchi or vice versa) it won't connect to that either.
I don't know how to upload flight logs, but I sure could use some help here. thanks pros!
You have to switch the controller off and back on to reset. It's happened to me a few times you don't get video feed back until you do this reset.
On my last time I was out of sight.
Everything on the controller works though you can just press RTH and that will bring the Mavic back safely just make sure the rth hight is set.

But the only way to get the video feed back is by just switching the remote off and on quickly then it will connect to DJI go again. I don't know what's causing this bug, I think you loose connection and the DJI go app for some reason isn't telling it's self to reconnect to the controller meaning you have to recycle the connection like your just switching the drone on.
DJI needs to fix this quickly really.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian