DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me with my prototype to speed up process

Walter Gabrysz

Reactions
Hi,
I need advise or help with my prototype of silent propellers.I want speed up process and try contact dji for their interest in my propeller solution.Does anyone from here work for dji or know someone from dji?Where or who should I contact?
Any help more than welcome
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I need advise or help with my prototype of silent propellers.I want speed up process and try contact dji for their interest in my propeller solution.Does anyone from here work for dji or know someone from dji?Where or who should I contact?
Thanks
Sent you a PM should give you some insight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on water.

Do you have some form of intellectual property rights protection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Thanks

First I will state that this is no comment or advice to curtail your endeavor. I just wonder if you understand that DJI has it's own propulsion engineering section? They make their own ESC, Motor and Props in house to exacting standards as to a carefully designed envelope. They take things such as final prop design across the spectrum of the full propulsion system.

I have no doubt if they wanted to market a quieter (Stealth) propeller they would have done so years ago. In fact they did so with the Mavic Platinum by 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction, by new ESC's and Prop design. That has carried forward in most aircraft since. Companies such as MAS have refined it further, but even they found out on their first series that they took it to far and went out of the range allowable and induced propulsion warnings and went back and modified their parameters of airfoil.

I certainly can't say that DJI might not be interested in some monumental new discovery you might have developed, but given that they have their own engineers that do exactly that, and that MAS has tweaked it further over the years, I would hazard a guess that it's not something they are looking to pursue beyond what they have. To me a case of "robbing Peter to pay Paul" and they are happy where they are on the full range of power distributed at noise levels that are then induced. I would also think that MAS has several patients in place on airfoil design that may or may not be something you might infringe upon.

But only you know if your design is something DJI hasn't at least experimented with given your knowledge in that field. So I wish you luck, I look forward to any updates as you move forward with such work. :)

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Dont show DJI anything. They will steal it sooner or later.

What exactly do you need help with?

If I were you I would contact someone like master airscrews.

I've seen your videos, they're really quite!!

Does the fact that there has never been such a thing deter you at all?
anyone who has ever flown with a constant speed propeller knows how to reduce the noise but they also know what goes along with noise reduction.
I've seen your videos, they're really quite!!
Yeah and I saw David Copperfield pass through the Great Wall of China on CBS television too

call me a cynic I guess :rolleyes:

Key elements of that project:
Inspiration from military aircrafts,applying and modifying that technology
Simplicity
Low manufacturing cost

Key elements of that project:
Inspiration from military aircrafts,applying and modifying that technology
Simplicity
Low manufacturing cost
Come up with a good concept, then file for a patent. THEN approach DJI or whomever. No idea what your idea is (and like others, with DJI's many millions in development budgets I'm skeptical you can one-up them, but plenty of people have made fortunes improving things others didn't think could be improved) but don't rely on an NDA. If you were in the US I could hook you up with some lawyers to discuss this with, but as is, just develop and protect. DJI or someone else will buy or license if it's that good.

Reactions: Flycaster
I agree with everything you sad..Broblem is I dont have to much time as I have full time job and foundation for doing that.

Thinking to selling myself as a package..You know to work for someone to specialized in that or other variety development.Because I m quite visioner and inovative person who like to make things simpler and better

Silent propellers, I need a couple of those to finish my perpetual motion machine. :)

In all seriousness, if you've come up something truly unique, congratulations. But you can't beat the laws of physics. Moving air makes noise, (by definition), moving enough air to overcome gravity makes even more noise.

They used to laugh at people that thought you could make a flying machine, so I wish you well with your project as I would love to have a quieter drone.

I doubt very much you have what you say you have. However, if you do have it your application is wrong. The real benefit - therefore financial reward and recognition is not in drones; think motor vehicle cooling fans, industrial fans, home heating systems, airplanes, and for that matter, turbines of all sorts. If you can demonstrate the performance without showing the design send me a PM.

I ve got slow motion footage where you can exactly see what is going on with the blades, how they behave..truly unique design element.very proud of to discover that. It can revolutionage propeller design.

Well this thread has my interests. Yes be very careful when showing prototypes. I was working on a design last year that could have been lucrative and did have a company testing it. It ran 100 percent for me but ran 50% for them. My product was an enhancement for a current market product. I had ordered a large lot of over 50 of them and mine ran flawless. Well upon some investigation efforts there were some variations in the mold that were used and since there was not a lot of consistancies with the product mine was enhancing there was no way to make it work well.

What about noise councelling technology aplyied on propeller? If it can work in headphones I truly convicect it can work anywhere else.Offcourse moving air..But when you doing fotograffy or cinematik shoot you flying nicely at constant speed..
That's an interesting idea, but I don't think that your base assumption is valid for a drone.

The noise-canceling methods used in headphones work because the noise is entering the ears from more or less one direction. The audio waveforms that cancel the noise waveforms are following the same axis. It's basically the same principle for how a muffler works on a car. That wouldn't work on a drone because the sound is radiating away from each motor in every direction. And you have 4 motors that are offset from each other.

You need a power source, a signal analyzer chip, a speaker capable of generating an out-of-phase audio waveform. For each motor. You are not going to be able to embed that technology into a propeller.

The "moving air" is not the air displaced by the drone as it changes position, it's the air displaced by the propellers as they provide lift. Even flying at a constant speed, the motors are adjusting their rotation to adapt to the wind conditions.

I am familiar with trying to obtain a patent, the first time your application is reviewed, more times than not, it is declined. So you resubmit a second time, be ready for upper 5 figures and dont be surprised if it reaches low 6 figure, the attorneys never lose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji