DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! My M2P is Over-caffinated!

rfc

Reactions
I have turned every thing down to the lowest settings...Gain, EXP, Sensitivity, Brake Gain, Yaw Sensitivity...the works. And it still flies like it's in Sport Mode. Tripod slows it down, so now I find myself flying in that mode all the time. But what could be causing this?

Are the Obstacle Avoidance sensors turned off? I don't know about the M2P, but my MP flies faster with the forward sensors off than with them on.

Are the Obstacle Avoidance sensors turned off? I don't know about the M2P, but my MP flies faster with the forward sensors off than with them on.
Yes, they're all off. I fly in tight quarters often and they're somewhat of a pain. I'll try turning them back on and see what happens.

I have turned every thing down to the lowest settings...Gain, EXP, Sensitivity, Brake Gain, Yaw Sensitivity...the works. And it still flies like it's in Sport Mode. Tripod slows it down, so now I find myself flying in that mode all the time. But what could be causing this?
How about some data?
How fast is it flying?
Turning everything down affects much more than speed.
What happens if you set everything back to factory settings?

Can you post recent flight data?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Can you post recent flight data?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Great idea; will do. How the heck do you reset everything to "Factory"?

Great idea; will do. How the heck do you reset everything to "Factory"?
Click the Restore to Default icon here
i-d4pWQH2-L.jpg

Reactions: rfc
Finally got around to doing this. Pretty sure this is the right file (although it seems to be dated tomorrow. Must be ahead of my time, lol).

I restored all the settings to default; I turned on the sensors for the first segment at 1min 50sec, (full throttle and elevator), then turned them off for the second run at 2min 38 sec; then tried tripod mode (3min, 6sec), which was smooth and slow (as it should be).

Question is: Is the performance nominal for an M2P? Just seems to be way faster than I remember when I got it (and definitely more jumpy than my MPP). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-18_[06-55-01].txt
    413.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Question is: Is the performance nominal for an M2P? Just seems to be way faster than I remember when I got it (and definitely more jumpy than my MPP).
The fastest speed it recorded was 14 metres/sec.
If anything, that's a tad slower than normal.

I was in a climb. Would a better test be just horizontal flight?
The fastest was 14.1 m/s at 2:57.6 in full reverse + full descent.
Level flight wouldn't have made much difference to horizontal speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag