DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: My Samsung S21 Ultra would not work with DJI GO 4 app

PetitFrereArmada

Reactions
I recently got the new Samsung S21 Ultra. Now my phone would not connect to the app so I can fly my M2P.

Is there anybody using the S21 Ultra with the DJI GO app? Or are they just not compatible? Or what can I do to make this work?

If not compatible, can someone please share a link to something cheap I can buy and use? That cost between $100 to $150? Or if less than $100, that would be even better. A phone or a tablet that would serve me since my phone is not working with the app.

Before my S21 Ultra, I had a Samsung Note 10+. I never had a problem with the phone connecting to the app.

FWIW, I use the Samsung S21+ and have no problem connecting to the Dji Go app. May be a cable issue?

Tried switching cables and ports.. same problem.. it was fine until i updated my phone 2 days ago.. maybe the snapdragon's variants are ok but not the exynos.. ? Urs are snapdragon i assume?

FWIW, I use the Samsung S21+ and have no problem connecting to the Dji Go app. May be a cable issue?
That is interesting to hear. Let me ask something.
I have S21 Ultra and trying to connect to DJI GO 4 app to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.

You say you have the S21+. But are are you using the DJI Go 4 app and a Mavic 2 Pro? Or are you using the DJI GO app with a Mavic Air 2?

I don't know if it may be my cable since my last phone was a Samsung Note 10+ and it worked perfectly with the dji go 4 app and this cable. Never had a problem with it.

But now I have a S21 Ultra and it is not connecting to the dji go 4 app. This is making me want to sacrifice and just buy the smart controller. It would have been an easy decision for me if the cost was not $749. So, I am still thinking...

I haven't tried with DJI GO but I have with the fly app and 3rd party apps if you'd like I can try to connect mine to a spark using my s21 ultra

I haven't tried with DJI GO but I have with the fly app and 3rd party apps if you'd like I can try to connect mine to a spark using my s21 ultra
Please, try connecting it to the DJI GO 4 app if it works and let me know. Well, I guess you will need a Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. Or let me know if you can use the dji go 4 app with any of your drones. That would help me out.

I am now looking at if I should buy the Smart Controller. But it is $808 shipped. So, not cheap. Ouch.

Please, try connecting it to the DJI GO 4 app if it works and let me know. Well, I guess you will need a Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. Or let me know if you can use the dji go 4 app with any of your drones. That would help me out.

I am now looking at if I should buy the Smart Controller. But it is $808 shipped. So, not cheap. Ouch.
Yes, I don't have the higher end ones but I do have the spark and that is the stock app for the spark ? will lyk in a few

Yes, I don't have the higher end ones but I do have the spark and that is the stock app for the spark ? will lyk in a few
Just checked connected flawlessly, connect after the app is open and it should allow you to select dji go as the app for the USB, if it is not clear default apps for the USB connection

Just checked connected flawlessly, connect after the app is open and it should allow you to select dji go as the app for the USB, if it is not clear default apps for the USB connection
Thanks for that. I guess you used but a Mavic Air and it seems your Mavic Air choosed the DJI Go as its prefered app to synch to. It did not connect to the DJI Go 4.

Well, I am across the border now in Mexico right now for the weekend. I did not bring my drone with me. I am driving back home to Houston tomorrow. I will try the other apps and see. But I think it seems the S21 Ultra is not currently compatible with the DJI GO 4 app.

That leaves me now with trying to look for a dedicated phone or tablet to connect the dji go 4 app to be able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.

While I currently have now an interest for the ridiculously expensive Smart Controller that is $808 shipped to me from DJI.

I have a 15 days road trip planed this month that starts from April 21st that I absolutely need my drone to be air bound as I will need it for this trip for tons of pictures and some video. It is a solo East coast trip that will take me through about 20 states before I get back home to Texas.

Thanks for that. I guess you used but a Mavic Air and it seems your Mavic Air choosed the DJI Go as its prefered app to synch to. It did not connect to the DJI Go 4.

Well, I am across the border now in Mexico right now for the weekend. I did not bring my drone with me. I am driving back home to Houston tomorrow. I will try the other apps and see. But I think it seems the S21 Ultra is not currently compatible with the DJI GO 4 app.

That leaves me now with trying to look for a dedicated phone or tablet to connect the dji go 4 app to be able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.

While I currently have now an interest for the ridiculously expensive Smart Controller that is $808 shipped to me from DJI.

I have a 15 days road trip planed this month that starts from April 21st that I absolutely need my drone to be air bound as I will need it for this trip for tons of pictures and some video. It is a solo East coast trip that will take me through about 20 states before I get back home to Texas.
No, It connected DJI GO 4... I have DJI GO 4, DJI FLY and some 3rd party apps... I tested using a DJI Spark and it connected no issues

I have 2 drones DJI Spark and DJI Mavic air 2 while my ma2 uses DJI fly my Spark uses DJI GO 4 and both have worked flawlessly on my S21 Ultra

So to confirm, It used DJI GO 4 flawlessly when I said DJI GO I meant DJI GO 4. The S21 is perfectly compatible on the S21 ultra.

No, It connected DJI GO 4... I have DJI GO 4, DJI FLY and some 3rd party apps... I tested using a DJI Spark and it connected no issues

I have 2 drones DJI Spark and DJI Mavic air 2 while my ma2 uses DJI fly my Spark uses DJI GO 4 and both have worked flawlessly on my S21 Ultra

So to confirm, It used DJI GO 4 flawlessly when I said DJI GO I meant DJI GO 4. The S21 is perfectly compatible on the S21 ultra.
Thanks a lot. Now I am confused now why mine does not work. I guess I may have to try and get a new cable to see if that will work because I do not know what else to try.

I wish now to see if someone with a S21 Ultra has connected flawlessly to the DJI Go 4 app.

I mean, the cable I have is the original from when I got my M2P brand new. It has always worked flawlessly when I had my Note 10+. Now with the S21 Ultra, it does not connect. It is very frustrating, especially as I leave on a 15 days East Coast road trip in 19 days. Time is running out and I need this bird to be able to fly with something I can see where I am going and take pictures and videos.

Thanks a lot. Now I am confused now why mine does not work. I guess I may have to try and get a new cable to see if that will work because I do not know what else to try.

I wish now to see if someone with a S21 Ultra has connected flawlessly to the DJI Go 4 app.

I mean, the cable I have is the original from when I got my M2P brand new. It has always worked flawlessly when I had my Note 10+. Now with the S21 Ultra, it does not connect. It is very frustrating, especially as I leave on a 15 days East Coast road trip in 19 days. Time is running out and I need this bird to be able to fly with something I can see where I am going and take pictures and videos.
Not sure if you meant something different but I do have the S21 ultra and It works fine with me.

Not sure if you meant something different but I do have the S21 ultra and It works fine with me.
You have been extremely helpful. I thank you very much. I am just really confused now why my S21 Ultra is not connecting to the DJI GO 4 app.

I don't know what to do right now. since I do not exactly why mine is not working. So, I may try to buy a new RC data cable for my phone and see. Apart from that, I do not know what else to do since I have tried a few things already.

You have been extremely helpful. I thank you very much. I am just really confused now why my S21 Ultra is not connecting to the DJI GO 4 app.

I don't know what to do right now. since I do not exactly why mine is not working. So, I may try to buy a new RC data cable for my phone and see. Apart from that, I do not know what else to do since I have tried a few things already.
I don't know exactly what to tell you, make sure you are giving the app permission to use the USB device, clear all data on DJI Go 4 in the application manager, I do have the S21 Ultra snapdragon I wouldn't think that would matter but it could.. Make sure everything is setup correctly. If you have any other questions you can pm me.

EDIT: check the link below, people have had issues with the exynos processor when released with DJI apps this is for the DJI fly app but I'm sure the same issue could be occurring on DJI Go 4.

Hey, maybe a solution could be to use an onder model Samsung phone only for the flying of the drone.
f.e. I use my old S7 for flying my Mavic while I own a current Samsung because the current have a new USB-C port and the controller for my Mavic has an older mini-USB plug.

Ruud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61