DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed: Mavic keeps freezing in Litchi

SunnyD

Reactions
I use GO4 and Litchi pretty regularly, but within the last month Litchi has frozen up on me I think every flight. no recent update that I'm aware of. the first time it happened I thought it was from interference, I was in a new area. the 2nd time I thought I was too far away (only about 1,200'). the next time I was within 10'. all of those times the screen froze but I could still fly. I used the telemetry of the controller to navigate back.
yesterday, I deleted and reinstalled all flight apps.
today, the opposite happened: my video feed was fine, but I couldn't move, other than about 2" with the gimbal. I switched over to GO4... and still couldn't control the drone. killed both apps and rebooted, no dice. return to home was what saved me.
I'm running current software on a Mavic pro, everything is up to date on my iPhone XR and apps. I've had at least 10-15 flights with no issues with this setup.
I don't know how to upload flight logs, but I'm happy to do so if that'll help.
thanks in advance, you guys are always great at sorting this stuff out.

I use GO4 and Litchi pretty regularly, but within the last month Litchi has frozen up on me I think every flight. no recent update that I'm aware of. the first time it happened I thought it was from interference, I was in a new area. the 2nd time I thought I was too far away (only about 1,200'). the next time I was within 10'. all of those times the screen froze but I could still fly. I used the telemetry of the controller to navigate back.
yesterday, I deleted and reinstalled all flight apps.
today, the opposite happened: my video feed was fine, but I couldn't move, other than about 2" with the gimbal. I switched over to GO4... and still couldn't control the drone. killed both apps and rebooted, no dice. return to home was what saved me.
I'm running current software on a Mavic pro, everything is up to date on my iPhone XR and apps. I've had at least 10-15 flights with no issues with this setup.
I don't know how to upload flight logs, but I'm happy to do so if that'll help.
thanks in advance, you guys are always great at sorting this stuff out.

What were you doing when it froze? We you in a waypoints mission? It shouldn’t give up control unless in an intelligent flight mode like waypoints. In a case like that switch to sport mode and then if you want switch back to p-mode and you will have control back

Today when it wouldn’t fly I was in focus mode, but it did work correctly for 10-15 seconds, about 30’, then it just locked up. So it was an intelligent flight mode, but not running on auto. I set a waypoint and fly manually, it just focuses on the waypoint.

Today when it wouldn’t fly I was in focus mode, but it did work correctly for 10-15 seconds, about 30’, then it just locked up. So it was an intelligent flight mode, but not running on auto. I set a waypoint and fly manually, it just focuses on the waypoint.
Did you remember to force close DJI Go4 and delete the Default Data for DJI Go4 in the apps settings before using Litchi? I only ask because once I did not do that and had the same issue.

^^yes, I kill either app before opening the other; but in all these cases I started with litchi, and it was the only app open.

^^yes, I kill either app before opening the other; but in all these cases I started with litchi, and it was the only app open.
I got your reply. Just to be clear, are you clearing the defaults for the app you will not be starting? Just force closing the other app is not enough. The open app defaults has to be cleared. as well. Not saying you are not doing this; just clarifying my earlier reply.

Not sure what you mean by ‘clearing the defaults’? Changing a setting?
Also, I’ve been using litchi and DjiGO and Go4 both successfully for 3 years, only had problems the last 2 months.

I am assuming you are using an Android device. Before starting either app, you select settings/apps you select litchi or djigo4; first thing is to force stop whichever app you will not be using, then go a little down the page and you will see Set as default. If it is set as default you would select it and then touch on the clear defaults button on the screen (upper right). I you had used djigo4 and are going to use litch, you would force stop djigo4 and clear the Set as Default or if you were using litchi and will now use djigo4 do the same force stop and clear set as default on litchi before starting djigo4. Litchi points this out in their docs online and in the flash screen when you start Litchi providing you have not selected to not show the flash screen again. You have to do this procedure on whichever app you will not be using. Since I do not use Apple devices, I can not speak of what you do on that platform.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest