DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed to get State Farm policy

rustysteel

Reactions
All,
I purchased my M2P used from a private seller so no insurance available through DJI. I'd like to get a policy that i have seen mentioned often through State Farm for $60 a year. I reached out to my rep and he doesn't know anything about insuring drones and does not have the time or interest to check on.
My question for those of who who successfully purchased a policy- can you share contact info or put me in touch with your rep so I can work with them to get a policy?
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Mavic Mac
All,
I purchased my M2P used from a private seller so no insurance available through DJI. I'd like to get a policy that i have seen mentioned often through State Farm for $60 a year. I reached out to my rep and he doesn't know anything about insuring drones and does not have the time or interest to check on.
My question for those of who who successfully purchased a policy- can you share contact info or put me in touch with your rep so I can work with them to get a policy?
Thank you in advance!
Maybe you need a new SF agent who will work with you.

All,
Thank you in advance!
I have run into the same problem

In this case, yes, however he has been very helpful with the multiple other policies we hold...
So he's collecting a commission on the money you pay to SF and he's not willing to help with your needs? I'd ask for the info you are looking for and mention that you'd need to pull your business if he cannot help. Truth is, he is going to make almost no commission on a $60/year policy so he just wants to sit back and collect the existing commission without doing any extra work.

Edit: Tell him that you want to get a Personal Article Policy on the drone as camera equipment.

In this case, yes, however he has been very helpful with the multiple other policies we hold...
You may want to ask him to look into it again. It's not a drone specific policy, it's a personal articles policy and drones are just one of the personal articles that they cover. I have it and the base policy covers up to $2000. So I have it cover my Phantom and my daughter's laptop.

Yes, mine are covered under the SF personal articles policy as a "camera".

Tell them that is the reason for its use, taking of pictures and video.

Reactions: rustysteel
All,
Thank you in advance!
Maybe it is what you or they called it. It's not specifically "drone insurance". It's a personal articles policy. They can write just about anything for such a policy. I did it with my agent for $60. If your agent still doesn't know or want to do it, then get rid of him/her.

Last edited:
Don't get hung up on State Farm. My insurance was with MetLife, so I called them. They added my M2Z and accessories to a PAP (Personal articles policy) for $27/yr. If you have home or auto insurance, try the company you're already with.

Reactions: WAXMAN
So he's collecting a commission on the money you pay to SF and he's not willing to help with your needs? I'd ask for the info you are looking for and mention that you'd need to pull your business if he cannot help. Truth is, he is going to make almost no commission on a $60/year policy so he just wants to sit back and collect the existing commission without doing any extra work.

Edit: Tell him that you want to get a Personal Article Policy on the drone as camera equipment.
That was my thought exactly, which is why I was thinking of contacting a different agent, especially if it is one another member of this forum has had good dealings with. I will try a call with him tomorrow and rephrase it as a personal articles policy.

Maybe it is what you or they called it. It's not specifically "drone insurance". It's a personal articles policy. They can write just about anything for such a policy. I did it with my agent for $60. If your agent still doesn't know or want to do it, then get rid of him/her.
Thinking that may be where I went wrong. Ill try a call tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion!!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
That was my thought exactly, which is why I was thinking of contacting a different agent, especially if it is one another member of this forum has had good dealings with. I will try a call with him tomorrow and rephrase it as a personal articles policy.
This was many, many years ago but SF frowned on changing agents. They did not want one agent "stealing" business from another. Again, this was a long time ago.

Where do you live. I'm in CA and the 60 dollar SF policy is not available...at least not last year. I'm covered with my standard SF policy for theft but not from a flight loss.

Reactions: BigAl07
When I got mine two years ago I had to convince my agent that it was available (he had never encountered it before) but he found it. I just renewed it in August of 2019.

Peter T

My state farm agent ensures all three of my drones for the price of one. Great deal. I could give you his name but he’s in Minneapolis Sounds like your agent does not know his product Which would infuriate me

Reactions: WAXMAN
All,
Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure why but State Farm NC does not cover sUAS/Drones. I had SF for several years and our local agent told me "SF NC doesn't cover them". That was 2018 so it might have changed since then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC