DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help newb here with some questions.

heavenzboi

Reactions
Just got my mavic pro today.
Please help newb here with some questions.

1. Whats the maximum video quality i can shoot video and move to my phone(galaxys8plus)??
Shot 4k video and cant download to my phone, but 1080p was working downloading to my phone.

2. What altitude should i set for RTH?? (Currently at 50).

3. Question to Android users. When i connect my phone to RC its actually charging my phone from the RC. Is it normal??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
1. Not sure about this. Are you talking about downloading straight from DJI GO app to phone or maybe about local cacheing? I have turned that off because I am usually transfering my videos to PC first.
2. It depends on flight location. Set it above tallest obstacles. I usually keep it at 50 meters too.
3. Yes it is normal. I would also like to know if there is an option to turn that off in RC.
There is an app for phone to disable charging, but phone has to be rooted.
Anyway, You should at least disable quick charge in s8 settings so RC is discharging slower.

Hi and welcome to the forum :) I'm a newbie myself!
1. as far as I'm aware S8 is a 4k phone, but needs to be enabled: try this Galaxy S8 Tip: How to shoot 4K video
2. as above!
3. On Android you should have an option on the phone settings to interact with USB events on plugin, allow charging, allow MTP, allow file transfer etc. It;s probably set to "charge" or "charge only"

2. What altitude should i set for RTH?? (Currently at 50).

I have my RTH set to the maximum 130 meters. For me, 150' is not enough to clear many obstacles, especially if you are taking off from a point below surrounding terrain. If I ever hit RTH, I want it to clear everything in its path, and the max altitude works for me.

Setting the appropriate RTH altitude is also vital for situations where you do not intentionally press the button, but RTH is triggered because you lose signal. If you lose video and transmission signal, how do you know where you are and what height the surrounding obstacles are? Altitude is your friend when it comes to RTH.

What altitude should i set for RTH?? (Currently at 50).
Before each flight, find the tallest obstacle above the takeoff point in your flying area, add ~50 feet (15 meters), and set your RTH altitude to that number.

Here are some things to keep in mind when setting the RTH altitude:
  • The RTH altitude setting is always set in meters (even when you have DJI GO set to use Imperial units).

• The RTH altitude is the altitude above the takeoff point (not the Mavic's current location). Keep that in mind if the tallest obstacle is on a hill above the takeoff point (or the hill itself is the tallest obstacle). Check out this thread for more details on finding the altitude of the tallest obstacle in the flying area.

• The current altitude displayed in DJI GO is just an estimated altitude based off data from the Mavic's internal barometer. Since that value is estimated, it's usually not going to be 100% accurate. That's why I'm suggesting you add ~50 feet (15 meters) to the height of the tallest obstacle in your flying area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S